The BeetleWings founded Pantala along with the LeafWings, and were eventually bred out of existence due to the arrival of Clearsight, splitting into the HiveWings and SilkWings around 4500 AS. They were first mentioned in The Poison Jungle.
Like their HiveWing descendants, some BeetleWings had insect-like powers. They were rumored as to possibly have antennae as in The Lost Continent, when Cricket said the HiveWings used to have them. Their ability to shoot venom from their fangs was mentioned, as well as flamesilk. When Princess Tsunami arrived in the Poison Jungle, she heard about these powers and connected them to the RainWing tribe back on Pyrrhia.
Though there were only five named BeetleWing individuals (four of them being hybrids), all of them were named after species of butterfly.
- Jewel (Half NightWing)
- Tortoiseshell (Half NightWing)
- Orange (Half NightWing)
- Commodore (Half NightWing)
- BeetleWings are currently the first and only known tribe that is confirmed extinct.
- They, along with LeafWings, were originally native to Pyrrhia.
- SilkWings and HiveWings are the descendants of BeetleWings.
- BeetleWings may be related to RainWings, as they could supposedly shoot venom from their fangs.
- BeetleWings are the first and only actual tribe with three syllables in their name.