Daffodil has long dark hair she wears in a bright yellow ponytail. She usually wears the forest-green Wingwatcher uniform. She used to wear yellow ribbons in her hair as a reference to her namesake.
Ivy describes her to be loud and sarcastic, noting that she practically vibrated with energy even when she had to sit still. It is said by Daffodil's mother that she has a 'dreadfully strong' personality. She usually gets into fights with Violet, but sometimes is the one who comforts Ivy.
The Lost Continent Prophecy
At some point, Daffodil was caught by Winter and taken to Sanctuary so he can study her.
After Snowfall tells Lynx about one of her visions, Lynx takes her to an enclosure where Daffodil is being kept. Winter named her Pumpkin and she is said to be very brave, having bitten Winter five times. She is constantly trying to escape and, according to Moonwatcher, is mad that she's being kept there. Later, Winter tells Snowfall to keep an eye on the scavenger while he finds Tsunami and Qibli. Sky emerges soon afterwards to distract Snowfall while Wren cuts a hole into the fence for Daffodil to escape. After Snowfall catches up to Sky, Wren shocks her by revealing that she can speak Dragon. When Snowfall asks if Daffodil can speak Dragon too, Wren answers that she would if she payed attention and studied more. Daffodil then talks to the dragon and Snowfall notes that while her pitch is too high and her growls and accents were in the wrong places.
When Wren introduces Daffodil to the other dragons, she didn't like the name that Winter gave her and tells Wren to repeat to them that Daffodil is her real name. As Wren talked with the dragons, Daffodil plays with Bumblebee, tossing the dragonet into the air and catching her, as well as letting her sit on her shoulders and play with her hair.
After the next queen meeting, Daffodil is mentioned to be kept safe by Winter as he is overseeing the scavenger outreach project.
Daffodil dragged Ivy into a room with Violet after eavesdropping on her and Miss Laurel, the two revealed their "secret" club as the Truth Seekers. They later became best friends. The three of them become Wingwatchers together, after a while of sneaking out and training.
Daffodil was there when the IceWing carrying Ivy's uncle Stone showed up, and he revealed Rose's story. She went to Stone's cave, where he told them the whole story. The dreamvisitor was hidden under the blankets, which Heath suspected once he walked in, and Daffodil told Stone that they'd wash it and bring it back.
Daffodil later woke up Ivy after a while of training to reveal that Violet, Foxglove, and a few others were taken prisoner by her father. She, alongside Lark, Ivy's mother, snuck her out of the house. Daffodil and Ivy ended up in the abandoned city, where they camped out with Pine and later, Stone and Leaf.
Daffodil is shown to have a good friendship with Bumblebee. She even lets her sit on her shoulders and play with her hair.
Daffodil appears to dislike her older sister, going as far as to say she loathes Daisy. Throughout Dragonslayer she constantly mentions how she finds Daisy annoying, even comparing Daisy to Heath while trying to comfort Ivy.
Daffodil considers Ivy one of her best friends. She cares greatly for her, and has been shown comforting Ivy whenever she has been distressed. Daffodil trusts Ivy, and is protective of her while hiding out in the abandoned ruins of Valor, trying to convince Ivy not to go with any of her plans that could get her arrested.
Daffodil often gets into arguments with Violet, though she has shown concern and care for Violet throughout Dragonslayer. The two are said to be best friends before befriending Ivy, and Ivy notes that both are fiercely loyal to each other. When telling Ivy about the imprisoned Wingwatchers, Daffodil began to cry when she said Violet was arrested.
Daffodil disliked being Winter's pet as she constantly tried to escape and bitten Winter five times. However, Daffodil was willing to stay with him to practice speaking Dragon if Winter listened and didn't lock her up. 
Daffodil and Wren appear to be on friendly terms. Wren mentioned that if Daffodil paid attention or studied more, she could have been able to talk to any dragon who was trying to eat her, implying that Wren presumably tried teaching Daffodil how to speak Dragon between the timelines of Dragonslayer and The Dangerous Gift.
- "Or a whole other dragon grows out of it, like how lizards can grow back from their tails?"
- ― about Oasis's tail barb in Heath's possession (Dragonslayer, page 38)
- "No, they'll say thank you Daffodil, because I was the one who even told you to do that in the first place."
- ― about Violet's plan to lift off the roof of Valor so the city wouldn't be underground (Dragonslayer, page 45)
- "But why? […] My life is ruined!"
- ― when she heard Pine was banished (Dragonslayer, page 46)
- "VIOLET, YOU ARE SO MEAN! […] HOW DARE YOU SAY MY BOYFRIEND WILL GET EATEN BY DRAGONS!!!"
- ― to Violet about Pine (Dragonslayer, page 46)
- "I KNEW THAT! […] I meant, WHAT do you mean, the old village, like, what law. It was a good question, shut up!"
- ― to Violet (Dragonslayer, page 47)
- "YES! […] Fight me, dragons!"
- ― to imaginary dragons, while pretending she had a sword (Dragonslayer, page 47)
- "Me neither, […] LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES!"
- ― about adults lying about laws for banishment (Dragonslayer, page 47)
- "I am thinking outside the box, VIOLET."
- ― to Violet (Dragonslayer, page 281)
- "Daffodil! […] No eating!"
- ― to Snowfall (The Dangerous Gift, page 281)
- Daffodil owned a pet rabbit when she was little, though whether or not she still has it is unknown.
- Daffodil is an excellent dancer, and many people have a crush on her.