Categories are an easy way to organize the pages of a wiki. Here's a general overview of the ones we have, as can also be seen on the Category tree.
Every book is in the Books category.
- Main series: For all books in the central Wings of Fire series.
- Wings of Fire Winglets: For all books in the Winglets series.
- Wings of Fire Legends: For all books in the Legends series.
- Graphic novels: For all graphic novels.
- Upcoming books: For all books that have yet to be released.
- Graphic Novel Images: for all images taken from the graphic novels by Mike Holmes.
- Joy Ang Images: for all images that include artwork by Joy Ang.
- US Covers: for all United States Wings of Fire book covers.
- Animated Covers: for all Wings of Fire book covers that have been animated by Scholastic.
- Pre-Final Covers: for all "first draft" Wings of Fire book covers.
- Audiobook Covers: for all audiobook Wings of Fire covers.
- Cover Jackets: for all full Wings of Fire covers that include text, titles, etc.
- Full Covers: for all full Wings of Fire covers.
- Hardcovers: for all Wings of Fire hardcovers.
Every character is in the Characters category, as well as several of the ones below. For consistency, it is generally recommended to apply them in the order in which they are listed here.
- Males: For all male characters.
- Females: For all female characters.
- Characters of unknown gender: For all characters where it is not known whether they are male or female.
Tribe and Species
- Single-Tribe Dragons: BeetleWings, HiveWings, IceWings, LeafWings, MudWings, NightWings, RainWings, SandWings, SeaWings, SilkWings, SkyWings
- Hybrids: For characters with parents from different tribes.
- Dragonets: For all dragons aged seven and under.
- Humans: For all human characters.
- Animals: For all animals and animal characters.
If a character has appeared in a book in person, they go in the respective category:
- First Arc: TDP Characters, TLH Characters, THK Characters, TDS Characters, TBN Characters
- Second Arc: MR Characters, WT Characters, EP Characters, ToP Characters, DoD Characters
- Third Arc: TLC Characters, THQ Characters, TPJ Characters, TDG Characters
- Winglets: Prisoners Characters, Assassin Characters, Deserter Characters, Runaway Characters
- Legends: Darkstalker Characters, Dragonslayer Characters
If a character has not appeared in a book in person and was only mentioned by another character, they go in the respective category:
- First Arc: Mentioned in TDP, Mentioned in TLH, Mentioned in THK, Mentioned in TDS, Mentioned in TBN
- Second Arc: Mentioned in MR, Mentioned in WT, Mentioned in EP, Mentioned in ToP, Mentioned in DoD
- Third Arc: Mentioned in TLC, Mentioned in THQ, Mentioned in TPJ, Mentioned in TDG
- Winglets: Mentioned in Prisoners, Mentioned in Assassin, Mentioned in Deserter, Mentioned in Runaway
- Legends: Mentioned in Darkstalker, Mentioned in Dragonslayer
- Protagonists: For all protagonists of the main series and Legends. All protagonists are also Point of views, but not all POVs are protagonists. (Examples: Clay, Moonwatcher, Clearsight)
- Deuteragonists: For all deuteragonists and tritagonists of the main series and Legends. (Examples: Kinkajou, Sky, Lynx)
- Supporting characters: For all characters who are important to the books' plots, but not important enough to be considered deuteragonists or protagonists. (Examples: Fatespeaker, Indigo)
- Minor characters: For all characters who were not very involved in the overall plotline. (Examples: Coconut, Harrier)
- Mentioned characters: For all characters who never appeared in person in any of the books at all. (Examples: Asha, Tunesmith)
- Historical characters: For all characters who died before the events of the main series. (Examples: Fathom, Queen Oasis)
- Antagonists: For all characters who opposed the main characters at some point. Antagonists can and should still have one of the above categories to signify their importance to the plot. (Examples: Ex-Queen Scarlet, who is also in Supporting characters, and Lagoon, who is also in Minor characters)
- Point of views: For all characters in whose point of view the story was told, including those who were featured in prologues and epilogues. (Examples: Reed, Turtle)
All royal dragons should have the Dragon royalty category.
- Queens: For all deceased and living queens.
- Ex-Queens: For all former queens who lost their position while still alive, such as Ex-Queen Scarlet or Ex-Queen Exquisite
- Kings: For all deceased and living kings.
- Princes: For all male characters related to a current or former queen.
- Princesses: For all female characters related to a current or former queen.
Occupations and Other Groups
- Assassins: For assassins.
- Guards: For guards.
- Soldiers: For soldiers.
- Dragonets of destiny: For the dragonets of destiny.
- False Dragonets: For the false dragonets of destiny.
- PoisonWings: For members of the PoisonWings.
- Queen Coral's Council: For members of the SeaWing Council.
- SapWings: For members of the SapWings.
- Talons of Peace: For members of the Talons of Peace.
- The Chrysalis: For members of the Chrysalis.
- Outclaws: For members of the Outclaws.
Jade Mountain Academy
- Jade Winglet: For all members of the Jade Winglet.
- Gold Winglet: For all members of the Gold Winglet.
- Silver Winglet: For all members of the Silver Winglet.
- Copper Winglet: For all members of the Copper Winglet.
- Quartz Winglet: For all members of the Quartz Winglet.
- Animus dragons: For all animus dragons.
- Empowered NightWings: For all NightWings who have special powers from the moons.
- Flamesilks: For all SilkWings with flamesilk.
- Leafspeakers: For all LeafWings with leafspeak.
- Pets: For all pets.
- Captured RainWings: For all RainWings who were captured by the NightWings before or during The Hidden Kingdom.
- Characters from possible futures: For characters who only exist in visions of the future, such as Eclipse and Firefly.
- LGBT: For all characters confirmed to be LGBT+.
- Deceased: For all characters who are confirmed to be dead.
- Dragon tribes: For all dragon tribes.
- Pyrrhian tribes: For all Pyrrhian dragon tribes.
- Pantalan tribes: For all Pantalan dragon tribes.
Everything that has to do with the various dragon tribes (see the Dragon tribes category) but is not a character belongs in the respective category:
- Pyrrhian history: Locations, events, and more concerning all seven Pyrrhian tribes and their continent. Pages in this category can be placed in specific tribe categories as well, if applicable.
- Pantalan history: Locations, events, and more concerning all three Pantalan tribes and their continent. Pages in this category can be placed in specific tribe categories as well, if applicable.
- Human history: For everything related to humans.
- Individual tribes: HiveWing history, IceWing history, LeafWing history, MudWing history, NightWing history, RainWing history, SandWing history, SeaWing history, SilkWing history, SkyWing history
- Bodies of water: For rivers and other water sources.
- Fortresses and castles: For palaces and the like.
- Hives: For the Pantalan Hives.
- Kingdoms: For the Pyrrhian kingdoms.
- Human settlements: For human-inhabited settlements.
- Dragon settlements: For dragon-inhabited settlements.
If a location was the setting for a book, it belongs in the respective category:
- First Arc: TDP locations, TLH locations, THK locations, TDS locations, TBN locations
- Second Arc: MR locations, WT locations, EP locations, ToP locations, DoD locations
- Third Arc: TLC locations, THQ locations, TPJ locations, TDG locations
- Winglets: Prisoners locations, Assassin locations, Deserter locations, Runaway locations
- Legends: Darkstalker locations, Dragonslayer locations
- Self-explanatory: Prophecies, Scrolls, Stones/Treasures
- Animus touched: For animus-enchanted objects and characters.
Real-life people such as authors and artists belong in the People category. As we only have a few articles related to real-life people, subcategories such as Artists are not necessary.