The plague would cause IceWings to cough up blood and was fatal, killing dragons after a period of sickness. In Glacier's case, it caused her to become unconscious for long periods of time. It did not spread like a normal disease, as dragons would spontaneously get sick without any points of transmission. Only Winter and hybrids were not affected. The exact wording of the spell is unknown, but it affected almost all the IceWings across Pyrrhia.
- Darkstalker cast the spell to inflict the plague the night he was freed from Agate Mountain.
- Qibli learned about the plague from Typhoon while visiting Queen Thorn. He used Turtle's bowl to duplicate his enchanted earring, which granted immunity to Darkstalker's spells to the wearer, and sent a sack of them to the IceWings in an attempt to save them.
- Many IceWings survived the plague, thus reigniting the two-thousand-year-old war between the IceWings and the NightWings.
- The only pure IceWing not to get the plague was Winter. This was because he was Moon's friend and Darkstalker promised her that he wouldn't hurt them.
- It did not affect IceWing hybrids.