As a doctor, Mayfly appears soft and gentle to Moonwatcher and her friends. Despite this, she is quick to snap at Winter and Hailstorm, indicating that she may dislike IceWings, likely due to her frostbreath injuries.
The Jade Mountain Prophecy
After Kinkajou was attacked by Chameleon (as Shapeshifter), her friends sought out a doctor in Possibility. Qibli asked Meerkat for directions to someone who could help. Upon hearing the name "Mayfly," Winter doubted a MudWing's ability to help, not thinking that there were any MudWings smart enough to become a doctor. Qibli and Meerkat reassured him that she was the best doctor in Possibility. After seeing Kinkajou, Mayfly was doubtful that the RainWing's injuries could have been caused by a dragon. She eventually accepted their story and took Kinkajou and Moonwatcher inside her workplace.
Whilst the others were waiting outside, Hailstorm overheard Mayfly telling Moonwatcher that Kinkajou looked similar to an IceWing because her scales had turned white with pain. He stuck his head through the window, retorting that Kinkajou looked nothing like an IceWing. Mayfly angrily snapped at Hailstorm and Winter to stop blocking the light, placing a foul-smelling jar on the windowsill for emphasis.
- "Are you sure? She wasn't hit by an avalanche? Or thrown off a cliff? Or trampled by a herd of hippos? That really happened to a patient of mine. There's no shame in admitting it. Hippos can happen to anyone."
- — to Moonwatcher, about Kinkajou's injuries (Winter Turning, page 224)
- "Get out of my window! Stop blocking the light. Shoo! Go sit in the garden!"
- — to Hailstorm and Winter (Winter Turning, page 211)
- Mayfly is the sixth known dragon in the series to survive a frostbreath injury.
- She is the first officially named doctor to be introduced in the series.