Opal was a female IceWing animus introduced in The Dangerous Gift. She is a spirit who guides inexperienced IceWing queens into becoming more open-minded and helps them learn important lessons through the gift of vision.
The Lost Continent Prophecy
Snowfall often yelled at the gift of vision and its creator. She wondered what kind of IceWing animus would do this, along with who would even ask for it.
Opal appeared in Snowfall's vision the night after she returned from Sanctuary. She explained to Snowfall how the ring appeared for queens who weren't quite ready to rule and gave her one final vision as Glacier. After the vision, the opal ring slid off of Snowfall's claw easily and disappeared when put back on the pedestal where she first found it.
|"Phrasing unknown." ||Gift of vision||It is enchanted and only shows up for certain queens who aren't ready or need to be taught a lesson to become more open-minded. The wearer cannot take this ring off until they have fully learned their lesson and it can't be destroyed. It allows the wearer to see visions through other dragons while the wearer themselves is sleeping, which makes them more open-minded towards other dragons' situations and circumstances.|
- "Why do you think I made the enchantment the way it is? She became queen before she was ready, too, and she was so scared and furious all the time. She asked me for an animus gift that would let her spy on all her enemies both outside the kingdom and inside her own tribe. I made her this instead."
- ― to Snowfall (The Dangerous Gift, page 308)
- "No. The ring is magic; it knows exactly how much you need. There's just one more you have to see."
- ― to Snowfall (The Dangerous Gift, page 309)
- "I just made the magic. You had to walk the visions."
- ― to Snowfall (The Dangerous Gift, page 311)