Pheasant is a female MudWing, and is described with light brown eyes. She is one of the six siblings of Clay, as well as the third-hatched dragonet of Cattail, her mother, with Asha, who is dead, being her aunt. Her and her siblings' father is still unknown, and will most likely remain unknown. She does not attend Jade Mountain Academy, while her sister, Sora and brothers, Umber and Marsh do (although Sora and Umber have recently left in the events of the second arc). Instead, Pheasant stayed in the Mud Kingdom with her brother, Reed.
Pheasant hatched along with Reed, Sora, Marsh, Crane, and Umber. She was raised with Reed filling in as bigwings due Clay's absence, as his egg was sold by Cattail to the Talons of Peace for at least two cows in order to fulfill the Dragonet Prophecy.
Near the end of the book, Clay made his way back to the Mud Kingdom. His siblings encountered him and were overjoyed to find him. They helped him make peace with himself and despite protests, unwillingly let him go. Pheasant stated that maybe Clay was their bigwings, which he biologically is.
In the prologue, the IceWings attack, and she comes to Sora's rescue. The troop escapes, and Pheasant said she gained interest in and started to read about the prophecy after they found out Clay was part of it, being the 'wings of the earth'. In the end, she hopes that Clay will end the war soon.
Pheasant and her siblings are seen when Sunny and Clay go to the Mud Kingdom to send a message to Burn through Queen Moorhen. Pheasant is wary to go along with the MudWings' planned attack on the IceWings to drive them out.
Umber mentions Pheasant and Reed doing some work for Queen Moorhen.
Family Tree Edit
"Because our queen says we have to."
"Well, it doesn't matter. What matters is we survived another battle, thanks to Reed."
"So from then on, the bigwings takes care of all the others. Some of them can be pretty bossy or too weak, but we got a good one. I mean, you would have been a good one too, I'm sure..."
"You were! You were amazing, Reed!"
"That's not a normal MudWing name,"
"Look at him. He should be our bigwings." - About Clay
- A pheasant is a breed of game bird that's usually brightly-colored and hunted for sport. They are related to other game birds, such as chickens and turkeys.
- Pheasant doesn't appear to expose herself very much, due to the fact that her personality is unknown.
- Even though Pheasant has brown eyes in the books, her image in the graphic novel has butter-colored eyes.
- Pheasant might still be mourning the loss of Crane, as MudWing siblings form a close bond with each other.
- Even though Umber stated in Moon Rising that Sora was the only one in the troop who'd practiced their reading, Pheasant was shown to know how to read in The Dark Secret.
- ↑ The Brightest Night, page 240