Princess Auklet is a female SeaWing dragonet and is the youngest and last daughter of Queen Coral and King Gill. She is also the youngest sister of Princess Tsunami, Princess Anemone, Princess Orca, Prince Turtle, Prince Octopus, Prince Cerulean, Prince Fin, twenty-eight other unnamed SeaWing brothers, two younger brothers that haven't hatched yet, and many more sisters killed by Orca's enchanted statue while in their eggs, or soon after they hatched. Being Queen Coral's daughter, she is an heir to the SeaWing throne. In The Lost Heir, Tsunami saved her by watching over her the night she hatched and defending her egg from Orca's Statue with a stone spear. She is one of the four living SeaWing heirs (Princess Moray included).
Auklet is shown to be playful and bouncy, as shown in The Lost Heir and Moon Rising when she tackled her sister Tsunami. She also has a curious personality, as shown at the end of The Lost Heir, when she was digging in the sand and chasing crabs. Her playful side is shown again in Talons of Power when she's chasing bubbles in her garden. She also likes to attack her leash, as shown in Moon Rising, which could hint at her being silly, sweet, and fierce.
Biography Editthe other Dragonets of Destiny, Auklet was fitted for her harness, freeing Anemone from her harness temporarily.
Auklet appeared briefly at the beginning of Moon Rising. She was with Queen Coral, Anemone, and Turtle waiting outside Jade Mountain Academy. She tackled her harness, which leads up to believe that she also dislikes the harness. She said that she wants to attend school with Anemone and Turtle, but her mother said that she is too young, and her sister Tsunami told her that maybe she can attend the next year. Queen Coral was shown to be very protective of her.
In the epilogue, Anemone's mind revealed to Darkstalker that she had enchanted Auklet's harness, which would hopefully help to "keep Queen Coral away" from Anemone for now. If not, she would "come up with something stronger."
When Turtle went to warn Queen Coral about Anemone coming to kill her, he found Auklet with her. She was playing with bubbles in the garden. Auklet recognized her brother and started bouncing happily. When they were about to leave, she gave him a hug. Given the fact that she did not appear in Darkstaker's Palace when he summoned all the animus dragons in Pyrrhia, Auklet is confirmed to not be an animus.
In the epilogue, in Queen Coral's letter to Turtle, she said “Auklet and I send our love”.
|Commander Shark||Queen Coral||King Gill†|
|Princess Moray||Prince Fin||Prince Cerulean||Prince Turtle||Prince Octopus||28 Unnamed Sons|
|Princess Orca†||Princess Tsunami||Princess Anemone||Princess Auklet|
"Me too! Me too! I want to go to school too!" - To Queen Coral
"Turtle!" - To Prince Turtle when she recognizes him
- An auklet is a type of small seabird that is usually black or dark grey in color.
- Because of Albatross being part IceWing, Auklet is of IceWing descent.
- One of the candidates for her name was "Walrus" (most likely Glory being sarcastic), however, Tsunami claimed that Auklet was much more dignified than that, immediately after which the young dragonet fell in an extremely undignified manner.
- In a Scholastic video, Tui stated that she would have Auklet return, as she does in Talons of Power.
- In the same video, she also said she wanted to write a book for her since she's such an unexplored character, along with Lynx and Flower.
- Auklet has two younger brothers and many older ones, who were the eggs Tsunami saw in the royal hatchery in The Lost Heir.
- She is one of the four dragonets to be seen hatched inside the series, the others being Moonwatcher, Darkstalker, and Bumblebee.
- In Talons of Power, her favorite places are the bubble jet gardens in the Deep Palace.
- Auklet is Queen Coral's youngest and last daughter.
- In the epilogue of Winter Turning Darkstalker reads Anemone's mind as she thinks about how she enchanted Auklet's harness "to keep Coral away".
- In Talons of Power, Auklet was confirmed to not be an animus like Turtle, Orca or Anemone as she wasn't featured in Darkstalker's palace when Darkstalker summoned all the dragon animi to that location.
- ↑ Talons of Power, page
- ↑ The Lost Heir, page 243
- ↑ The Lost Heir, page 240
- ↑ The Lost Heir, page 244
Present: Abalone • Flounder • Herring • Herring's Brother • Kelp • Lagoon • Nautilus • Pearl • Piranha • Riptide • Snapper • Squid • Tempest • Tortoise • Urchin • Webs • Whirlpool