FANDOM


  • This is where you discuss EVERYTHING about Book 14. Feel free to talk about your opinions and predictions about the Lost Continent Prophecy, Pantala, and/or the Scorching.

      Loading editor
    • Now we have 3 threads Lol

        Loading editor
    • Too bad.

      Okay so knowing Tui and her s/happy endings, the othermind will be beaten for sure, Wasp will be ruled out by our heroes, Jewel will probably be queen of hivewings, there will either be a surprise silk queen or it turns out Monarch survived too (please no.). The leafwings will get over themselves and be one tribe again, and there will be no more conflict in Pantala again!

      Until destiny decides it needs another group of spwecial little tweens to save the world, that is.

        Loading editor
    • and  maybe that Beettlewings are still alive.  (im hopeful)  

        Loading editor
    • Hi, everyone. I dunno if you guys care anymore, but we just finished chapter 2 of My Fan Story, if you wanna check it out. The story has not been updated on the wiki yet, tho.

        Loading editor
    • ok.  

        Loading editor
    • whats the fan story's title

        Loading editor
    • see you tomorrow everyone! 

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote: Too bad.

      Okay so knowing Tui and her s/happy endings, the othermind will be beaten for sure, Wasp will be ruled out by our heroes, Jewel will probably be queen of hivewings, there will either be a surprise silk queen or it turns out Monarch survived too (please no.). The leafwings will get over themselves and be one tribe again, and there will be no more conflict in Pantala again!

      Until destiny decides it needs another group of spwecial little tweens to save the world, that is.

      I'm hoping Io becomes the SilkWing queen. I wrote a long explanation on the Another Dangerous Gift thread or it might've been the first one and you can find it if you want but I don't feel like retyping that whole thing. So yeah. Io for queen!

        Loading editor
    • Io is best girl, but I don't think putting another glorified teenager on the throne right after a huge conflict like that would be good. Eh. It's fine tho!

      After all, it's canon we're talking about, where there apparently cannot be any succession problems after the war and Blaze just poofed right out of existence after watching both of her sisters die and having the throne taken away from her at the last moment. Anything goes here!

        Loading editor
    • Anybody but the old queen would be better, really. Queen Wasp was like "Yeah so an ancient goddess said that your tribe should be my tribe's servants and I should rule them and this is totally real even though nobody ever mentioned this before!" and Monarch was like "seems legit" and gave her tribe away.

        Loading editor
    • What if tui instead might end it unlike how she usually does

        Loading editor
    • DragonsAreGreat wrote:
      Anybody but the old queen would be better, really. Queen Wasp was like "Yeah so an ancient goddess said that your tribe should be my tribe's servants and I should rule them and this is totally real even though nobody ever mentioned this before!" and Monarch was like "seems legit" and gave her tribe away.

      she's essentially the world's biggest murderer / con artist

        Loading editor
    • What if Tui also dosen’t even know the origins of animus magic?

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote:
      Too bad.

      Okay so knowing Tui and her s/happy endings, the othermind will be beaten for sure, Wasp will be ruled out by our heroes, Jewel will probably be queen of hivewings, there will either be a surprise silk queen or it turns out Monarch survived too (please no.). The leafwings will get over themselves and be one tribe again, and there will be no more conflict in Pantala again!

      Until destiny decides it needs another group of spwecial little tweens to save the world, that is.

      Hazel will be queen of the LeafWings.

        Loading editor
    • Oblivion, Scholar of The Nightwings wrote:

      Hazel will be queen of the LeafWings.

      Yes, we knoooow. Because there can't be any conflict left after the plot has wrapped up, or any long-time consequences for genocide apparently.

        Loading editor
    • tbh Hazel is sort of queen now, because queen sequoia was taken over by the othermind, but who knows? Maybe at the end the othermind breaks or something and everyone gets free

        Loading editor
    • Of course everyone will get free, when was the last time an arc ended bittersweetly? Never.

        Loading editor
    • I love Sequoia as a character, I wish we got to see more of her :(

        Loading editor
    • Oof. Can't relate.

        Loading editor
    • Endurance the SkyWing wrote:
      I love Sequoia as a character, I wish we got to see more of her :(

      can relate

        Loading editor
    • Good for ya.

        Loading editor
    • I want Sequoia the die at some point in this arc. Then Hazel will be queen. Maybe Hazel will kill her, like while she's controlled. Also, I know somebody who also reads Wof and is named Hazel so TPJ was awesome.

        Loading editor
    • I dread the day where Tui makes mind-controlled Blue fight Cricket

      it's going to happen

        Loading editor
    • That'd be sweet, but I dunno if Tui has the guts to do that.

      I just want Tui to kill someone off at this point. The death flags on Swordtail have been paining my eyes too hard for them to just 'hey everyone is okay!'.

        Loading editor
    • What if one of the former protagonists dies? Like the Dragonets of Destiny, or the Jade Winglet? That would be an interesting turn.

        Loading editor
    • Oh gods that would be glorious. Make us finally cry ugly tears, Sutherland! Do it!

        Loading editor
    • Ya

        Loading editor
    • Hm, but who would be the best PoV dragon to kill off?

        Loading editor
    • kill clay

      have Peril get with turtle maybe?

      have kinkajou get with moon

      have qibli get with winter

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      kill clay

      have Peril get with turtle maybe?

      have kinkajou get with moon

      have qibli get with winter

      maybe peril would "pass away" but actually is hiding out and no one but clay knows where she is because she wouldn't feel like burning the Othermind Plant 

        Loading editor
    • this isn't directly related, do you think the vision on firefly will come true or not? Because if it will, then fatespeaker,starflight,and clay wouldn't be dead

        Loading editor
    • Abyss The Seawing Nightwing wrote:
      this isn't directly related, do you think the vision on firefly will come true or not? Because if it will, then fatespeaker,starflight,and clay wouldn't be dead

      maybe it'll actually truly really come true after one of firefly's friends get kidnapped and then firefly will maybe turn out to be animus dragon and can read minds and foretell the future

        Loading editor
    • please no

      CANON animus hybrid princess?

      no

        Loading editor
    • Just no. Please.

      I hate 'canon' Firefly enough as it is, this would just put the nails in the coffin.

        Loading editor
    • what does canon mean

        Loading editor
    • Canon means what is an official part of the story. Like, for example, Leafwings are a canon tribe. Kestrel is canonically dead. Deathrbinger is canonically Glorys boyfriend. Stuff like that.

        Loading editor
    • oh god please no

      personally, i hope they kill off moon, swordtail, and maybe a dragonet of destiny (tsunami?)

      tui please actually make us suffer for once

        Loading editor
    • I mean killing off Tsunami would actually give us a reason for her inclusion in this arc.

      Like why did she have to come to Pantala? Why did any pyrrhians need to go there? Tsu and Turts just ended up being glorified cameos in the end, why are they there?

        Loading editor
    • If it weren't a Dragonet of Destiny, I think it would be Winter. For some reason, he seems to be the most likely to die at any point, imo.

        Loading editor
    • I mean, he was the only one not paired up in DoD, so that would help with making none of the characters single.

        Loading editor
    • we haven't had really significant deaths since like Carnelian I swear

      in arc 3, nobody really close to the protags dies.

      This is an oppressive dictatorship, can Queen Wasp kill Io, Katydid, or Swordtail or something?

        Loading editor
    • ^ This is exactly why I never took Wasp seriously xDD

      NO ONE DIES UNDER HER RULE. EVEN CORAL HAS A WORSE TRACK RECORD.

        Loading editor
    • Like

      "ooh, you little SilkWing, you ran away, broke into my house, stole my most precious artifact, and allied with a LEAFWING? Meh, you can go walk around in a cavern with no chains, no bars, and oranges. No punishment, just get put in a little box"

      like come on wasp, be more evil. Tear the flamesilks' wings or something. Kill more freedom fighters. Be more cruel to SilkWings. Right now, you're just kinda pathetic.

        Loading editor
    • Yep, my thoughts exactly. It's not like Tui hasn't gotten away with heavy stuff, even in the second arc there were pretty nasty things described and done.

      There's so many ways to make Wasp actually evil, aside from mentioning a genocide that leaves no impact on the present!

        Loading editor
    • Wasp doesn't kill anyone because she is under the Othermind's hypnosis. The Othermind wants to control the dragons in Pantala, not kill them. If it wanted to do that, it would have started killing already. But the Othermind has an ulterior motive that it cannot carry out itself, so it has to make the dragons do its bidding. 

      Maybe it knows that Pyrrhia exists, and wants to take it over, just like the dragons of Pantala. This is where the IceWings come in. A plant cannot live in a place as cold as the Ice Kingdom. It can't even use its smoke method, like it did in TPJ, because IceWings can't breathe fire. The Pantalan refugees and most of Pyrrhia could take refuge there safely. Snowfall will probably have to make the decision to help her fellow dragons, or block them off like she wanted to do in the first place. Her tribe will probably have to destroy the Ice Cliff to let them in.

      Just my guess.

        Loading editor
    • why did she kill the LeafWings then?

        Loading editor
    • I'm pretty sure she started all of that before the othermind infected her

        Loading editor
    • uh

      no?

      Wasp didn't declare war until AFTER they poisoned her at the peace summit, I believe

      and even so, she was definitely killing leafwings all throughout the tree wars

        Loading editor
    • Well, no. Wasp was infected by the othermind, and the othermind made her believe that she had to start a war. Ever since then it's been making sure that every HiveWing is under its control(and as many LeafWings dumb enough to consume it).

        Loading editor
    • ... what?

      I literally don't understand your point. You were arguing that Wasp wasn't killing because of the othermind, but now you're saying the othermind started the war and made the LeafWings almost extinct.

        Loading editor
    • Yes. Wasp was slowly killing off the LeafWing but the othermind pushed her to begin a war.

        Loading editor
    • so

      beginning a war




      was to stop the leafwings from dying?

        Loading editor
    • No, it wants the LeafWings dead. It's using Wasp to start a war to wipe them out.

        Loading editor
    • So




      you agree with my point? What are you arguing about?

        Loading editor
    • i appreciate people being jaded about tui being a coward, like seriously i dont keep reading these books literally just because theyre predictable in how they end

      the plot twists arent that predictable but we never have to suffer as readers

        Loading editor
    • Agreed with lack of death regarding main characters. I highly doubt Tui would actually end up killing a main character but I would really like to see it happen in this series at some point :/ Like I don't want characters just being killed off for the sake of being killed off, but it wouldn't hurt to kill one POV or two.

      For this arc I think Blue, Swordtail, Io, or Moon could be axed off - especially Moon, which would make things more interesting plot-wise. Personally I'd like Blue, Swordtail, and Moon to go, but we all know that won't happen. Or one of the first arc POVs could go, provided it makes sense. I like these books but I really do think that having a main character death would help with the predictable factor with the endings. I want a bittersweet ending that was intended to be that way for once smh

        Loading editor
    • Anthraviolets wrote:
      Agreed with lack of death regarding main characters. I highly doubt Tui would actually end up killing a main character but I would really like to see it happen in this series at some point :/ Like I don't want characters just being killed off for the sake of being killed off, but it wouldn't hurt to kill one POV or two.

      For this arc I think Blue, Swordtail, Io, or Moon could be axed off - especially Moon, which would make things more interesting plot-wise. Personally I'd like Blue, Swordtail, and Moon to go, but we all know that won't happen. Or one of the first arc POVs could go, provided it makes sense. I like these books but I really do think that having a main character death would help with the predictable factor with the endings. I want a bittersweet ending that was intended to be that way for once smh

      i really really want blue to go- not because i hate him, but because all the other characters so far see him in a positive light so for him to die for the greater good of the series would be fantastic. we've had "bittersweet" endings but never in ways that are meaningful, like wow clay has a limp but he doesnt really walk much, or wow starflight lost his sight but he has like 7 friends to read him scrolls so none of the sadness ever ends up being functionally relevant which i almost despised.

      on swordtail and moon's deaths, swordtails could make sense because i feel like in a way his character is on a drunken moonwalk to prove himself, almost like sokka: hes not special, not the best fighter, not empathetic, etc. and he tends to fall towards his own prejudices which leads him to make a lot of social mistakes. swordtails death could make sense but it might not end up being as relevant except for its impact on luna.

      then for moon, it just would be kinda out of the blue for her to die. tui would have to limit it to one character which i would rather be blue.

      but honestly people get butthurt about these things. people were hating on tui because she made the othermind capture him. a lot of people wont understand plot relevance so they just want it to go their way and killing blue isnt "their way"

        Loading editor
    • No, I want to see Blue become murderous.

        Loading editor
    • Beginthewar wrote:
      No, I want to see Blue become murderous.

      one time in a thread where i was roleplaying the othermind (it wasnt a roleplay thread, it was one of those things where its like "hide from the othermind!" and i was messing with them) i threatened to make blue strangle himself

        Loading editor
    • Nice. I want to see him try, seeing how sharp his talons are.

        Loading editor
    • Beginthewar wrote:
      No, I want to see Blue become murderous.

      NOOOO!!! I DON'T want Blue or one of the former protagonists to die or become murderous!!! Also, the newer arc protagonists are less and less likely to die                                                                ...but the minor characters are more  likely to suddenly disappear or actually die, like for example Ostrich

        Loading editor
    • i hate to say it but you are exactly what i fear for the fandom to become

        Loading editor
    • the immortal allwing animus

      nobody will ever take you seriously with that name

      are you a troll account?

        Loading editor
    • whats a troll account (in case it means an alt account then NO, this is NOT an alt account)

        Loading editor
    • an alt made to annoy people

      seriously your name is ridiculously cliche. Not to be rude, but  

      immortal animus allwing

      that's ridiculously op and hillarious 

        Loading editor
    • NO, this is my first-ever account on Fandom and never ever make more than one Fandom accounts to annoy people

        Loading editor
    • 24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      i really really want blue to go- not because i hate him, but because all the other characters so far see him in a positive light so for him to die for the greater good of the series would be fantastic. we've had "bittersweet" endings but never in ways that are meaningful, like wow clay has a limp but he doesnt really walk much, or wow starflight lost his sight but he has like 7 friends to read him scrolls so none of the sadness ever ends up being functionally relevant which i almost despised.

      on swordtail and moon's deaths, swordtails could make sense because i feel like in a way his character is on a drunken moonwalk to prove himself, almost like sokka: hes not special, not the best fighter, not empathetic, etc. and he tends to fall towards his own prejudices which leads him to make a lot of social mistakes. swordtails death could make sense but it might not end up being as relevant except for its impact on luna.

      then for moon, it just would be kinda out of the blue for her to die. tui would have to limit it to one character which i would rather be blue.

      but honestly people get butthurt about these things. people were hating on tui because she made the othermind capture him. a lot of people wont understand plot relevance so they just want it to go their way and killing blue isnt "their way"

      I don't even care about Blue, but yeah his death would make the most sense within this arc imo and would probably be the most meaningful of them all. By bittersweet endings I mean as in arc endings, though. Personally I just dislike Swordtail and really wouldn't mind him going, but Blue's would probably have the most effect on the plot. I say Moon because at this point she's become a plot device for prophecies and such and after MR, I would not mind Moon dying. I'd like for all three to die, but if I have to limit myself to one then I'd probably say Blue, with Moon being second.

      And yeah the whole thing with people hating Tui over the Othermind capturing Blue is ridiculous (I personally didn't care what happened to him either way ngl)

        Loading editor
    • Anthraviolets wrote:

      24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      i really really want blue to go- not because i hate him, but because all the other characters so far see him in a positive light so for him to die for the greater good of the series would be fantastic. we've had "bittersweet" endings but never in ways that are meaningful, like wow clay has a limp but he doesnt really walk much, or wow starflight lost his sight but he has like 7 friends to read him scrolls so none of the sadness ever ends up being functionally relevant which i almost despised.

      on swordtail and moon's deaths, swordtails could make sense because i feel like in a way his character is on a drunken moonwalk to prove himself, almost like sokka: hes not special, not the best fighter, not empathetic, etc. and he tends to fall towards his own prejudices which leads him to make a lot of social mistakes. swordtails death could make sense but it might not end up being as relevant except for its impact on luna.

      then for moon, it just would be kinda out of the blue for her to die. tui would have to limit it to one character which i would rather be blue.

      but honestly people get butthurt about these things. people were hating on tui because she made the othermind capture him. a lot of people wont understand plot relevance so they just want it to go their way and killing blue isnt "their way"

      I don't even care about Blue, but yeah his death would make the most sense within this arc imo and would probably be the most meaningful of them all. By bittersweet endings I mean as in arc endings, though. Personally I just dislike Swordtail and really wouldn't mind him going, but Blue's would probably have the most effect on the plot. I say Moon because at this point she's become a plot device for prophecies and such and after MR, I would not mind Moon dying. I'd like for all three to die, but if I have to limit myself to one then I'd probably say Blue, with Moon being second.

      And yeah the whole thing with people hating Tui over the Othermind capturing Blue is ridiculous (I personally didn't care what happened to him either way ngl)

      as I said, it's highly unlikely for any former/current protagonists to die, and another reason is that I don't want any of these characters to die.

        Loading editor
    • We know that? That doesn't mean it would make the book any worse, and if anything, likely more interesting. I respect your opinion but I really want to see a bittersweet ending that's actually meaningful and actually effects the characters (and it isn't told, it's shown).

        Loading editor
    • I like Blue as a character, and I personally do not want him to die. However, the arguments you guys made actually pushes the idea. Blue dying would be an interesting twist to the characters in the story

        Loading editor
    • my point generally being that while its unlikely, not wanting it to happen isnt really a good way of judging it because not many people read to understand, ykwim

        Loading editor
    • Blue used to be the one always following the rules and trying to put himself in the place of others, but we haven't seen much of that.

        Loading editor
    • wait i just checked the tdg page and saw a new excerpt, when is it from

        Loading editor
    • no idea

      I saw it today, read it today

      WHO IS CRYSTAL

        Loading editor
    • ikr

      but tbh its things like that which make me wonder why i read this series

      wow, another bookwyrm who doesnt act within social norms and cares about other people! where have i seen that before

      i stg its like in every arc, hazel, lynx, starflight, cricket, turtle

        Loading editor
    • Hey

      Why does Snowfall sound so much like a Becky?

      "So like, I actually want to be queen, and you aren't gonna stop me from being the bestest queen there ever was. Anyways, did you see that my entire kingdom got a literal death plague and my own mother died from it? Yeah, me neither. Oh my god Lynx, just shut up! Stop caring about me for foxes sake. I'm like totally fine, relax."

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote:
      Hey

      Why does Snowfall sound so much like a Becky?

      "So like, I actually want to be queen, and you aren't gonna stop me from being the bestest queen there ever was. Anyways, did you see that my entire kingdom got a literal death plague and my own mother died from it? Yeah, me neither. Oh my god Lynx, just shut up! Stop caring about me for foxes sake. I'm like totally fine, relax."

      whats a Becky

        Loading editor
    • Who do you think the 3 characters from Dragonslayer will be? I'm hoping for Wren, Ivy and Sky

        Loading editor
    • Well we do know Wren and Sky will be there, i think it was confirmed by tui

        Loading editor
    • Ooh, a new excerpt?!

        Loading editor
    • Yep, it's from the newest QnA I think.

        Loading editor
    • Wren, Sky, Invincible Lord?

        Loading editor
    • Okay, but why would he be thrown into the plot? We've got enough points that need to be hit as it is.

        Loading editor
    • idk i'm throwing stuff at the wall

      not doing anything with his character doesnt make sense

        Loading editor
    • It doesn't, but at the same time how can you make most guys from Dragonslayer relevant to the 3rd arc at this point?

        Loading editor
    • Mind-control immune scavengers for some reason?

        Loading editor
    • At this point, sure why not. I've seen crazier theories. Like the othermind being a scavenger bound to a plant for some reason.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly idc as long as Wren and Sky (mostly Wren) aren't used as a device to wrap up the plot like in Dragonslayer. I love them both but ugh I really don't think I'll be able to handle something like that happening again

      Wren was confirmed so I'm sure Sky will be there too. I'm guessing Cereus, Ivy, or the Invincible Lord will be thrown in, but I'd prefer either one of the first two than the latter.

        Loading editor
    • I honestly don't think scavengers are immune because Moon can read there minds, and she can read dragons minds too, so in a way scavengers and dragons have minds kind of the same, so if the othermind can control dragons, shouldn't they be able to control scavengers

        Loading editor
    • ^ Add in the fact that the othermind has been presumably able to control all kinds of animals during the colonization of Pantala, so why would humanity be an exception?

        Loading editor
    • Tui confirmed that book 15 will be form a Pantalan POV, and Tui never repeats tribes unless its a hybrid and if its a hybrid the other half is a tribe that hasn't had POV in the arc. Therefore, Book 15 will have a BeetleWIng POV. I believe the Beetle Wings are living in the northwest "wing" of Pantala where those strange looking mountains are.

        Loading editor
    • if the beetlewings are alive I'll be so mad

      i cant even explain why

      just




      no

        Loading editor
    • ^ me and the scavengers before Dragonslayer released.

        Loading editor
    • im already mad enough because of the sheer scales of deus ex machina, like peril's just there to save clay, kinkajou apparently took like less than a month to write fluently enough that the animus magic wouldnt find any lapses despite the only literate rainwing being 7 year old glory who has a kingdom to run, then the scavengers just show up to help solve problems? i get why the invincible lord might be there, though: he does want to exterminate all the dragons and where better to start than at the place where there is word of a flux of refugee dragons?

        Loading editor
    • 24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      im already mad enough because of the sheer scales of deus ex machina, like peril's just there to save clay, kinkajou apparently took like less than a month to write fluently enough that the animus magic wouldnt find any lapses despite the only literate rainwing being 7 year old glory who has a kingdom to run, then the scavengers just show up to help solve problems? i get why the invincible lord might be there, though: he does want to exterminate all the dragons and where better to start than at the place where there is word of a flux of refugee dragons?

      Peril isn't there only to save clay, Chameleon is also a literate RainWing, and the scavengers probably are there to cause problems as well as to solve problems.

        Loading editor
    • why is peril there at all, though? did she even get freed?

      and the point isnt really that theres not that many literate rainwings, the point is that it couldnt have taken that short of a time for kinkajou to have done the enchantment.

      the scavengers are another issue entirely, why are they there at all and stuff, doesnt really matter what hteyre doing

        Loading editor
    • what do you mean "did Peril even get freed?" 

        Loading editor
    • By The Way, if the She Who Knows More Than She Appears To isn't Jerboa, then maybe she's Wren 

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      what do you mean "did Peril even get freed?" 

      from scarlet's grasp, how did she escape the sky kingdom to find the dragonets

        Loading editor
    • 24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      what do you mean "did Peril even get freed?" 
      from scarlet's grasp, how did she escape the sky kingdom to find the dragonets 
        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      what do you mean "did Peril even get freed?" 
      from scarlet's grasp, how did she escape the sky kingdom to find the dragonets 

      Do you mean in TBN?

        Loading editor
    • Scarlet was venomed by Glory, and then she was captured by Burn. That's what left Peril to be banished by Ruby, and then Peril freed Scarlet from Burn, and Peril was left alone because Scarlet didn't want her anymore. Then there was the whole thing with Chameleon and Ruby/Tourmaline, and then Peril burned Darkstalker's scroll and that whole thing happened. Honestly, if you don't remember you can just read Peril's page.

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      what do you mean "did Peril even get freed?" 
      from scarlet's grasp, how did she escape the sky kingdom to find the dragonets 
      Do you mean in TBN?

      yes

        Loading editor
    • 24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      what do you mean "did Peril even get freed?" 
      from scarlet's grasp, how did she escape the sky kingdom to find the dragonets 
      Do you mean in TBN?
      yes

      oh. maybe that's when scarlet was at burn's stronghold 

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      By The Way, if the She Who Knows More Than She Appears To isn't Jerboa, then maybe she's Wren 

      I'm very sure this is true if the "she" is Wren

        Loading editor
    • DragonsAreGreat wrote:
      Anybody but the old queen would be better, really. Queen Wasp was like "Yeah so an ancient goddess said that your tribe should be my tribe's servants and I should rule them and this is totally real even though nobody ever mentioned this before!" and Monarch was like "seems legit" and gave her tribe away.

      As far as we know...

        Loading editor
    • I'm so excited Wren will be in this! I can't wait to see Winter's face! Not to mention everyone else's! I hope Sky is in here too, so they  can figure out he's Peril's brother.

        Loading editor
    • Dragoneyes618 wrote:
      DragonsAreGreat wrote:
      Anybody but the old queen would be better, really. Queen Wasp was like "Yeah so an ancient goddess said that your tribe should be my tribe's servants and I should rule them and this is totally real even though nobody ever mentioned this before!" and Monarch was like "seems legit" and gave her tribe away.
      As far as we know...

      if we knew anything more it would be plastered into the protagonists thoughts and on the walls because of propaganda

      seriously, the way they treat oppressive governments in this arc is so superficial

        Loading editor
    • I mean, for all we know the Othermind took over Monarch and made her give control to Wasp, but it's not like Wasp would say that.

        Loading editor
    • why not? showing monarch to be entirely under the hivewing's jurisdiction is a huge success for their superiority complex.

        Loading editor
    • "Yeah we mind-controlled this SilkWing, don't ask why we dont mind-control you all"

        Loading editor
    • or "Your queen has shown interest in our way of life, it is best that you follow suit" but they instead rarely ever mention monarch apart from legend-like stories. demonstrating that monarch likes the ideas of the hivewings as a personal source in the form of her appearance at a speech of sorts would be a massive hit with the older and more traditionalist silkwings, those who remembered the time before wasp's reign. a lot of how propaganda functions is to make people trust the media moreso than they trust themselves the way katydid does. to get that to happen with monarch would be a powerful tool that theoretically couldve prevented a lot of older silkwings from believing in the chrysalis.

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      "Yeah we mind-controlled this SilkWing, don't ask why we dont mind-control you all"

      more specifically they dont need to reveal that shes mind controlled, but to have her as a personal source that resonates with the silkwing citizens would be great for wasp's regime. as we see with katydid, sometimes the mind control effect impacts the dragon's thoughts beyond just their actions for the time period, so having monarch under control during the speech wouldnt even be necessary.

        Loading editor
    • Dragoneyes618 wrote:
      I'm so excited Wren will be in this! I can't wait to see Winter's face! Not to mention everyone else's! I hope Sky is in here too, so they  can figure out he's Peril's brother.

      Me too! :)

        Loading editor
    • why would you be mad if BeetleWIngs are still alive? If you choose to ignore that Tui has both confirmed that she doesn't repeat tribes (unless its a hybrid where she only 50% repeats), and that book 15 was confirmed to have a Pantalan POV. Its so obvious. Why else would there be this giant unlabeled section of the map (the wing of Pantala) with strange mountain-things if were not supposed to theorize about it?

        Loading editor
    • because we were promised one extinct tribe which we didnt get, and if theres another then it feels like we've been ripped off. tui doesnt exactly have overarching plans for the books so it would be like if you were presented with real proof that the earth is flat or that dinosaurs still exist the way they did 65 million years ago. we know its an old idea but for it to come out as real and current would be a betrayal of everything we're supposed to know about the series.

        Loading editor
    • it'd be so ridiculous and predictable and- ugh

      Because it'd be "HEY SECRET TRIBE SOCIETY HIDDEN TOTALLY RELEAVANT BUT  N E V E R   F O R E S H A D O W E D"

      I'd rather have a Swordtail, Cobra Lily, or Bumblebee POV than a Post-MidSeries reveal about BeetleWings in book 14-15

      Let us have a pantalan hybrid. That'd be great.

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      it'd be so ridiculous and predictable and- ugh

      Because it'd be "HEY SECRET TRIBE SOCIETY HIDDEN TOTALLY RELEAVANT BUT  N E V E R   F O R E S H A D O W E D"

      I'd rather have a Swordtail, Cobra Lily, or Bumblebee POV than a Post-MidSeries reveal about BeetleWings in book 14-15

      Let us have a pantalan hybrid. That'd be great.

      but then it'll defy tui's dragon character tribe pattern rules

        Loading editor
    • We had one and a half NightWings in one arc, remember?

      Give us a hybrid Tui. Please. No BeetleWings.

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      We had one and a half NightWings in one arc, remember?

      Give us a hybrid Tui. Please. No BeetleWings.

      Please give us a BeetleWing Tui. No hybrids.

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      We had one and a half NightWings in one arc, remember?

      Give us a hybrid Tui. Please. No BeetleWings.

      Please give us a BeetleWing Tui. No hybrids.

      whats the point of reintroducing beetlewings and how would it be done well

        Loading editor
    • The only reason BeetleWings would be brought back is so they technically don't break Tui's "one tribe per arc pattern" and how is Tui supposed to fit BeetleWings, an extinct Pantalan tribe into the arc when TDG takes place in Pyrrhia?? I feel introducing the Othermind was enough of a twist for this arc, if something happens like scavengers being immune to the Othermind (no matter how ridiculous that'd be considering it's the Othermind) then it's really pushing it, revealing BeetleWings to be alive in a similar fashion to LeafWings being revealed to be alive and not extinct is just...no.

      Please just do a hybrid or some other Pantalan character that was flying to Pyrrhia as a POV fo book 15 instead of BeetleWings

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      We had one and a half NightWings in one arc, remember?

      Give us a hybrid Tui. Please. No BeetleWings.

      Please give us a BeetleWing Tui. No hybrids.

      Oh, I thought you liked Hybrids, Aquamarine the immortal allwing animus

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      We had one and a half NightWings in one arc, remember?

      Give us a hybrid Tui. Please. No BeetleWings.

      Please give us a BeetleWing Tui. No hybrids.
      Oh, I thought you liked Hybrids, Aquamarine the immortal allwing animus

      NO it's not that way! It's because we already had a hybrid and unless that hybrid is an IceWing-SilkWing hybrid then it would make perfectly sense (so that hybrid might be the white SilkWing found in Burn's Weirdling Tower's relative)

        Loading editor
    • we.. havent already had a hybrid this arc?

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      We had one and a half NightWings in one arc, remember?

      Give us a hybrid Tui. Please. No BeetleWings.

      Please give us a BeetleWing Tui. No hybrids.
      Oh, I thought you liked Hybrids, Aquamarine the immortal allwing animus
      NO it's not that way! It's because we already had a hybrid and unless that hybrid is an IceWing-SilkWing hybrid then it would make perfectly sense (so that hybrid might be the white SilkWing found in Burn's Weirdling Tower's relative)

      I mean not "unless", I meant "when"

        Loading editor
    • wh-

      We already had a hybrid? You mean sunny? who was in another arc?

      Why Ice-Silk? So it would be the... dead... stuffed... maybe-SilkWing?

      SilkWings can be white you know. It doesnt have to be a hybrid.

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      NO it's not that way! It's because we already had a hybrid and unless that hybrid is an IceWing-SilkWing hybrid then it would make perfectly sense (so that hybrid might be the white SilkWing found in Burn's Weirdling Tower's relative)

      We haven't had a hybrid POV since The Brightest Night. And any Pantalan hybrid who at least knows what's going on with the plot/has some connection to the main plot would be better than some random BeetleWing thrown in for no reason imo.

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      wh-

      We already had a hybrid? You mean sunny? who was in another arc?

      Why Ice-Silk? So it would be the... dead... stuffed... maybe-SilkWing?

      SilkWings can be white you know. It doesnt have to be a hybrid.

      I know. But that SilkWing was very white. And I said the Book 15 POV Silk-Ice hybrid probably would be that SilkWing's cousin or sibling or friend if not BeetleWing. 

        Loading editor
    • Anthraviolets wrote:

      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      NO it's not that way! It's because we already had a hybrid and unless that hybrid is an IceWing-SilkWing hybrid then it would make perfectly sense (so that hybrid might be the white SilkWing found in Burn's Weirdling Tower's relative)

      We haven't had a hybrid POV since The Brightest Night. And any Pantalan hybrid who at least knows what's going on with the plot/has some connection to the main plot would be better than some random BeetleWing thrown in for no reason imo.

      You totally don't get the point. That BeetleWing probably is the only animus BeetleWing and enchanted himelf/herself to stay young, healthy, and alive forever and also probably enchanted a plant to tell him/her what's going on at the rest of Pantala.

        Loading editor
    • No animus magic on pantala

      also YAY, BASELESS CLAIMS!

      I bet the POV is going to be one of the old dragon's home dragons from Tsetse hive! They're all hybrids/otherwise MC Immune!

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      No animus magic on pantala

      also YAY, BASELESS CLAIMS!

      I bet the POV is going to be one of the old dragon's home dragons from Tsetse hive! They're all hybrids/otherwise MC Immune!

      Now everyone has no idea of what I'm talking about! ARGH!!!!

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      wh-

      We already had a hybrid? You mean sunny? who was in another arc?

      Why Ice-Silk? So it would be the... dead... stuffed... maybe-SilkWing?

      SilkWings can be white you know. It doesnt have to be a hybrid.

      i want aquamarine to answer this one: did you think that cricket counts as a hybrid between beetlewings and silkwings?

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:

      Anthraviolets wrote:

      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      NO it's not that way! It's because we already had a hybrid and unless that hybrid is an IceWing-SilkWing hybrid then it would make perfectly sense (so that hybrid might be the white SilkWing found in Burn's Weirdling Tower's relative)

      We haven't had a hybrid POV since The Brightest Night. And any Pantalan hybrid who at least knows what's going on with the plot/has some connection to the main plot would be better than some random BeetleWing thrown in for no reason imo.

      You totally don't get the point. That BeetleWing probably is the only animus BeetleWing and enchanted himelf/herself to stay young, healthy, and alive forever and also probably enchanted a plant to tell him/her what's going on at the rest of Pantala.

      Like Spirit said Pantala doesn't have animus magic lmao

      And this is all assuming BeetleWings are still alive, which we can safely assume they aren't.

      I really think it's more of you not getting our point, and it really isn't our fault if we aren't "getting the point" if you use baseless claims and assumptions as your arguments against our points.

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      No animus magic on pantala

      also YAY, BASELESS CLAIMS!

      I bet the POV is going to be one of the old dragon's home dragons from Tsetse hive! They're all hybrids/otherwise MC Immune!

      So you're saying, Ohh this user is saying I bet there's a ton of dragons who are immune to the Othermind! Ohhhh they're soooo wrong!!! If you ARE actually like that, then YOU are SO WRONG.

        Loading editor
    • being a hybrid doesnt really render you immune to the othermind

        Loading editor
    • 24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      being a hybrid doesnt really render you immune to the othermind

      WHY IS EVERYONE NOT UNDERSTANDING ME??!!! IS TODAY OPPOSITE DAY??!!!

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      being a hybrid doesnt really render you immune to the othermind
      WHY IS EVERYONE NOT UNDERSTANDING ME??!!! IS TODAY OPPOSITE DAY??!!!

      im kinda pointing that at what spirit said

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      being a hybrid doesnt really render you immune to the othermind
      WHY IS EVERYONE NOT UNDERSTANDING ME??!!! IS TODAY OPPOSITE DAY??!!!

      Okay can you say what your opinion is in one full reply so we DO understand you?

        Loading editor
    • 24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      being a hybrid doesnt really render you immune to the othermind
      WHY IS EVERYONE NOT UNDERSTANDING ME??!!! IS TODAY OPPOSITE DAY??!!!
      im kinda pointing that at what spirit said
        Loading editor
    • ...it's true though? Being a hybrid =/= immune to the Othermind

      But a POV from one of the dragons in the Tsetse Hive I would tolerate more than a BeetleWing POV lmao

        Loading editor
    • AnAsianPotato wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      being a hybrid doesnt really render you immune to the othermind
      WHY IS EVERYONE NOT UNDERSTANDING ME??!!! IS TODAY OPPOSITE DAY??!!!
      Okay can you say what your opinion is in one full reply so we DO understand you?

      I don't feel like doing that right now

        Loading editor
    • Anthraviolets wrote:
      ...it's true though? Being a hybrid =/= immune to the Othermind

      But a POV from one of the dragons in the Tsetse Hive I would tolerate more than a BeetleWing POV lmao

      idk

        Loading editor
    • Anthraviolets wrote:
      ...it's true though? Being a hybrid =/= immune to the Othermind

      But a POV from one of the dragons in the Tsetse Hive I would tolerate more than a BeetleWing POV lmao

      in fact a tsetse hive citizen pov would be really interesting for a prologue- seeing the manner with which they are abducted and put away could have an interesting effect for the dynamics of hivewings but i feel like the arc has moved beyond this point by now

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      No animus magic on pantala

      also YAY, BASELESS CLAIMS!

      I bet the POV is going to be one of the old dragon's home dragons from Tsetse hive! They're all hybrids/otherwise MC Immune!

      So you're saying, Ohh this user is saying I bet there's a ton of dragons who are immune to the Othermind! Ohhhh they're soooo wrong!!! If you ARE actually like that, then YOU are SO WRONG.

      sorry i went offline for a bit

      what?

      Wh-

      what?

      I'm saying the POV won't be a beetlewing, not that nobody is mc immune (and I was talking about Wasp's MC btw. Nothing seems to be immune to the full othermind)?

        Loading editor
    • Hey what do you think happened to Lady Scarab and the hive rulers? They're immune to Wasp so they weren't at the poison jungle when the smoke infected everyone, right?

        Loading editor
    • Personally, I'm hoping for Lady Jewel to have a prologue. Think about it. There's clear foreshadowing for her being HiveWing queen, and she knows Cinnabar (who would also make an AWESOME POV) so she'd probably be warned. Also, isn't anyone worried about Tau and the wingless silkwings? They can't fly to pantala.

        Loading editor
    • Aren't they... still on pantala? Sure they can't go to pyrrhia alone, but frankly I'm okay with having most of them be mind-controlled.

        Loading editor
    • The old HiveWings aren't immune. They were immune to the weak version of the Othermind that only worked on HiveWings, but the full Othermind used to control all types of creatures, including insects.

      Also somebody somewhere else once used the fact that right here it says that the wing Burn had in her tower was most likely BeetleWing, and since the wing couldn't have stayed preserved for over 2,000 years, BeetleWings are probably still alive. (I didn't come up with this, somebody else did on another wiki but I forgot who)

        Loading editor
    • I... I clarified that point exactly?

      Also, if what you're saying is true, a beetlewing crossed the ocean from Pantala? Thus proving a far more common SilkWing could do it?

      and if the BeetleWings were, for whatever dumb reason, on pyrrhia...



      they're not a pantalan pov

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      I... I clarified that point exactly?

      Also, if what you're saying is true, a beetlewing crossed the ocean from Pantala? Thus proving a far more common SilkWing could do it?

      and if the BeetleWings were, for whatever dumb reason, on pyrrhia...



      they're not a pantalan pov

      I do agree with you, but maybe what they mean is that the BeetleWings live in Pantala but were looking to move somewhere else, and that's how one got captured and stuffed.

        Loading editor
    • so

      they crossed the ocean

      something

      ANYONE COULD DO?



      You don't even have any reason to believe the wing is of BeetleWing Origin. It could just as easily - easier - be SilkWing

        Loading editor
    • It could have possibly been a BeetleWing who lived on Pantala, like underground or something, who was trying to find a new home, then died like in a storm or something, and then their body got partially destroyed or eaten or something and then somebody found the wing and sold it to Burn. I'm not saying that is what happened but it could have happened

        Loading editor
    • you know what COULD have happened?

      A SilkWing got sick of being oppressed and flew across the ocean to escape, but died!

      A diseased LeafWing had a scale disease that turned it's wings purple, and it got killed by Pyrrhians over the ocean!

      A SEAWING with PURPLE SCALES lost HALF THEIR WING



      THERE IS NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO SAY ANYTHING

      THE WING COULD BE EVIDENCE OF A FANTRIBE WITH HOW VAGUE IT IS

      IT DOESN'T PROVE THAT BEETLEWINGS ARE ALIVE BECAUSE THE WING COULD BELONG TO ANY PURPLE DRAGON 

        Loading editor
    • Indeed, this is all just speculation.

        Loading editor
    • ok. ummmm... sorry?? I didn't know that would upset you so much???

        Loading editor
    • no that's just how I talk

      i'm not upset lol

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      No animus magic on pantala

      also YAY, BASELESS CLAIMS!

      I bet the POV is going to be one of the old dragon's home dragons from Tsetse hive! They're all hybrids/otherwise MC Immune!

      So you're saying, Ohh this user is saying I bet there's a ton of dragons who are immune to the Othermind! Ohhhh they're soooo wrong!!! If you ARE actually like that, then YOU are SO WRONG.
      sorry i went offline for a bit

      what?

      Wh-

      what?

      I'm saying the POV won't be a beetlewing, not that nobody is mc immune (and I was talking about Wasp's MC btw. Nothing seems to be immune to the full othermind)?

      umm

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      no that's just how I talk

      i'm not upset lol

      umm so the last time you replied to me was all how you talk?

        Loading editor
    • i legitimately can not understand a sentence you type

      excuse me if I can not understand your angle when in one sentence you say we shouldn't have a hybrid pov and in another you come up with this crazy conspiracy theory about an Ice-Silk POV with no evidence

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      i legitimately can not understand a sentence you type

      excuse me if I can not understand your angle when in one sentence you say we shouldn't have a hybrid pov and in another you come up with this crazy conspiracy theory about an Ice-Silk POV with no evidence

      ummm

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      i legitimately can not understand a sentence you type

      excuse me if I can not understand your angle when in one sentence you say we shouldn't have a hybrid pov and in another you come up with this crazy conspiracy theory about an Ice-Silk POV with no evidence

      I DID have evidence! 

        Loading editor
    • Most of your evidence was just assumptions though

      Because as far as we know very little Pyrrhians have had no clue about Pantalans up until Luna showed up, let alone one of the most isolated tribes

      An Ice-Silk POV is very unlikely if not impossible

        Loading editor
    • You said that it 'makes perfect sense' and that he hybrid could be the dragon from the weirdling tower, if I understand correctly. Do you have anything else?

        Loading editor
    • Stop double posting. It's considered rude, and wastes space. Especially when you do one post with literally no substance (ummm) before your actual point.

      Yes. It's how I talk. I use caps to emphasize things. I can understand how it's confusing, as caps often is shorthand for yelling  in conversation.

      If you honestly can not understand my typing, I'll explain, in excruciating detail, the exact meaning of the post:



      sorry i went offline for a bit

      what?

      Wh-

      what?

      I'm saying the POV won't be a beetlewing, not that nobody is mc immune (and I was talking about Wasp's MC btw. Nothing seems to be immune to the full othermind)?



      Let us begin. 

      We start with a simple statement. I was working on something else at the time, and was not checking the thread.

      After the first line, I adress your post. You were putting words into my mouth and claiming I supported that nobody is Mind-control immune, which wasn't even the argument we were having. This confused me, so lines 2-4 were me expressing my confusion through a stammer (in text, of course.)

      The fifth line, and the main sentence of my response, is where my argument begins. I point out that I was arguing BeetleWings aren't alive and, thus, won't be pov characters. I state that I was not, in fact arguing about mind-control immunity and have no idea how you got that from my posts. I also pointed out that I was talking about Wasp's weaker mind control when I was saying "the mind control immune dragons in Tsetse hive"



      There. I bet that explanation was harder to understand than the actual post




      Anyway, regarding your "evidence" for the Ice-Silk,

      WHERE?

      Your only possible piece of "evidence" is the stuffed "SilkWing" in Burn's tower, which might not even be a SilkWing. All that would prove

      is a SilkWing at some point was on pyrrhia with an egg

      And it being a SilkWing is, in itself, an assumption.

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      Stop double posting. It's considered rude, and wastes space. Especially when you do one post with literally no substance (ummm) before your actual point.

      Yes. It's how I talk. I use caps to emphasize things. I can understand how it's confusing, as caps often is shorthand for yelling  in conversation.

      If you honestly can not understand my typing, I'll explain, in excruciating detail, the exact meaning of the post:



      sorry i went offline for a bit

      what?

      Wh-

      what?

      I'm saying the POV won't be a beetlewing, not that nobody is mc immune (and I was talking about Wasp's MC btw. Nothing seems to be immune to the full othermind)?



      Let us begin. 

      We start with a simple statement. I was working on something else at the time, and was not checking the thread.

      After the first line, I adress your post. You were putting words into my mouth and claiming I supported that nobody is Mind-control immune, which wasn't even the argument we were having. This confused me, so lines 2-4 were me expressing my confusion through a stammer (in text, of course.)

      The fifth line, and the main sentence of my response, is where my argument begins. I point out that I was arguing BeetleWings aren't alive and, thus, won't be pov characters. I state that I was not, in fact arguing about mind-control immunity and have no idea how you got that from my posts. I also pointed out that I was talking about Wasp's weaker mind control when I was saying "the mind control immune dragons in Tsetse hive"



      There. I bet that explanation was harder to understand than the actual post




      Anyway, regarding your "evidence" for the Ice-Silk,

      WHERE?

      Your only possible piece of "evidence" is the stuffed "SilkWing" in Burn's tower, which might not even be a SilkWing. All that would prove

      is a SilkWing at some point was on pyrrhia with an egg

      And it being a SilkWing is, in itself, an assumption.

      ohhh. so you were confused.

        Loading editor
    • HELL YES

      I AM CONFUSED

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote:
      You said that it 'makes perfect sense' and that he hybrid could be the dragon from the weirdling tower, if I understand correctly. Do you have anything else?

      I'm not saying if the hybrid POV for book 15 could be the dragon from the Weirdling Tower. I said it would make perfect sense if he/she is somehow related to that stuffed dragon.

        Loading editor
    • that's not evidence though?

      This Ice-Silk you describe doesn't exist in canon

      You're describing an OC with canon tie-ins

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      Stop double posting. It's considered rude, and wastes space. Especially when you do one post with literally no substance (ummm) before your actual point.

      Yes. It's how I talk. I use caps to emphasize things. I can understand how it's confusing, as caps often is shorthand for yelling  in conversation.

      If you honestly can not understand my typing, I'll explain, in excruciating detail, the exact meaning of the post:



      sorry i went offline for a bit

      what?

      Wh-

      what?

      I'm saying the POV won't be a beetlewing, not that nobody is mc immune (and I was talking about Wasp's MC btw. Nothing seems to be immune to the full othermind)?



      Let us begin. 

      We start with a simple statement. I was working on something else at the time, and was not checking the thread.

      After the first line, I adress your post. You were putting words into my mouth and claiming I supported that nobody is Mind-control immune, which wasn't even the argument we were having. This confused me, so lines 2-4 were me expressing my confusion through a stammer (in text, of course.)

      The fifth line, and the main sentence of my response, is where my argument begins. I point out that I was arguing BeetleWings aren't alive and, thus, won't be pov characters. I state that I was not, in fact arguing about mind-control immunity and have no idea how you got that from my posts. I also pointed out that I was talking about Wasp's weaker mind control when I was saying "the mind control immune dragons in Tsetse hive"



      There. I bet that explanation was harder to understand than the actual post




      Anyway, regarding your "evidence" for the Ice-Silk,

      WHERE?

      Your only possible piece of "evidence" is the stuffed "SilkWing" in Burn's tower, which might not even be a SilkWing. All that would prove

      is a SilkWing at some point was on pyrrhia with an egg

      And it being a SilkWing is, in itself, an assumption.

      I wasn't trying to be rude. It was the way I express my confusion'​​​​.

        Loading editor
    • Oh my. Well, I heard somewhere that Tui already knows who the POV of book 15 will be, and it's possible that the character will be introduced in the Dangerous Gift. Book fourteen will hopefully clear a lot of things up.

        Loading editor
    • yeah

      but



      Taken from the Wings of Fire Wiki Rules, under the Courtesies section

      (AKA, you won't be banned/warned, but it's considered rude)

      "Try not to post 2+ posts immediately after each other on the same article, thread, etc. Again, there is a 500 post limit on threads."

        Loading editor
    • Antlion the HiveWing wrote: Oh my. Well, I heard somewhere that Tui already knows who the POV of book 15 will be, and it's possible that the character will be introduced in the Dangerous Gift. Book fourteen will hopefully clear a lot of things up.

      Yeah, I believe in the recent qna she said that she knows who book 15's POV will be, but can't say it atm

        Loading editor
    • I'm still hoping for a BeetleWing, even if it's unlikely. (also plz don't yell at me it's just a theory)

        Loading editor
    • I'm honestly fine with anything as long as it doesn't talk like Snowfall. Boy is Dangerous Gift setting out to be a doozy.

        Loading editor
    • I’m going for LeafWing.

        Loading editor
    • Oblivion, Scholar of The Nightwings wrote:
      I’m going for LeafWing.

      A LeafWing POV wouldn't be very different from Sundew's book, in my opinion, since we know all about the LeafWings now and even a SapWing with a different personality wouldn't teach us anything new.

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      yeah

      but



      Taken from the Wings of Fire Wiki Rules, under the Courtesies section

      (AKA, you won't be banned/warned, but it's considered rude)

      "Try not to post 2+ posts immediately after each other on the same article, thread, etc. Again, there is a 500 post limit on threads."

      If users aren't allowed to do these things, then why couldn't the people who program how Fandom works disable the abilities to do so?

        Loading editor
    • Antlion the HiveWing wrote:
      Oblivion, Scholar of The Nightwings wrote:
      I’m going for LeafWing.
      A LeafWing POV wouldn't be very different from Sundew's book, in my opinion, since we know all about the LeafWings now and even a SapWing with a different personality wouldn't teach us anything new.

      Hmm good point, but HiveWing possibly?

        Loading editor
    • hahaha




      the wof wiki staff don't code fandom

      I'm sure if they could code it so double/triple posts were undoable they would

      your argument is literally "If I can do it, I should"

      If I can swear and use slurs in public, I should.

      If I can insult everybody I come across, I should

      If I can type every sentence using capslock, I should!

        Loading editor
    • Antlion the HiveWing wrote:
      Oblivion, Scholar of The Nightwings wrote:
      I’m going for LeafWing.
      A LeafWing POV wouldn't be very different from Sundew's book, in my opinion, since we know all about the LeafWings now and even a SapWing with a different personality wouldn't teach us anything new.

      But maybe the protagonist will teach us more about the Othermind.

        Loading editor
    • I agree.

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Antlion the HiveWing wrote:
      Oblivion, Scholar of The Nightwings wrote:
      I’m going for LeafWing.
      A LeafWing POV wouldn't be very different from Sundew's book, in my opinion, since we know all about the LeafWings now and even a SapWing with a different personality wouldn't teach us anything new.
      But maybe the protagonist will teach us more about the Othermind.

      Maybe, but it might as well be a character from some other tribe who is also under the Othermind's control.

        Loading editor
    • this thread has devolved into two completely seperate conversations

      one where I yell at Aquamarine and another that's the actual thread topic

        Loading editor
    • 1   Since Wren is going to be in this book mabey Sky will be the protagonist of book 15

      2  The book 15 name may be part of a line in the prophecy like book 5 and 10. I think it should be called turn your heart

      3 Umber or Sora could be book 15 protagonist like begin with a Mudwing and End with a Mudwing ( PLZ don't end the series:( )

      4 That Bumblebee has enough breath of evil in her so that they follow the dragons to Phyrria. 

      5 I hope that Winter and Lynx get together. 

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      this thread has devolved into two completely seperate conversations

      one where I yell at Aquamarine and another that's the actual thread topic

      But now am blaming YOU for yelling at me

        Loading editor
    • At this point I'm betting on a LeafWing or SilkWing, I really don't want a HiveWing POV at this point because after Cricket's POV I really don't want to read more "not like the other HiveWings" because it's so forced

      I would like Sky or Umber as book 15 protag but maybe in a possible fourth arc, sigh. The ending is already looking to be pretty rushed considering how much is going on

      I really hope that Winter and Lynx don't get together.

        Loading editor
    • Interesting. Book 15's POV will be Pantala, so rip MudWing protagonists. Even if the Othermind controlled Bumblebee, they would be able to tell and cover her eyes or something, and the breath of evil wouldn't be able to use her for much. Also, we know nothing about Lynx, and I feel like Winter is happy enough on his own.

        Loading editor
    • Just wanted to say this:

      I don't agree with snowfall being the protagonist.

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      this thread has devolved into two completely seperate conversations

      one where I yell at Aquamarine and another that's the actual thread topic

      But now am blaming YOU for yelling at me

      That's fair

      I mean

      debating is what I do when I'm bored, dumb arguments entertain me



      hey, if we point out every hole in logic, we'll eventually find one theory with no holes!

      if only that were true in wof..... *Shudders at the peacemaker twist execution*

        Loading editor
    • 1. I mean if Wren is there, somehow contributing to the plot why wouldn't Sky be? Those two are pretty inseparable.

      2. That would be cool.

      3. I don't think Tui should go for Sora or Umber, unless they've stranded themselves on Pantala or something equally relevant to the continent. The way TDG seems to be going is more pyrrhia-centric, might be nice to see what's going on over in the new world.

      f it's a pantalan dragon, then just give us someone who stands out and hammers the themes the best, like what happened with TBN and DOD.

      4. That'd be interesting.

      5. Why?

        Loading editor
    • it had potential imo but the way-too-casual way its written makes me really hate every excerpt that comes out. i thought it might be a little darker following snowfalls possible internalized impostor syndrome because of the guilt of the circumstances with which she because queen, as well as her anxiety that leads her to make rash decisions like closing up the nation.

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      this thread has devolved into two completely seperate conversations

      one where I yell at Aquamarine and another that's the actual thread topic

      But now am blaming YOU for yelling at me
      That's fair

      I mean

      debating is what I do when I'm bored, dumb arguments entertain me



      hey, if we point out every hole in logic, we'll eventually find one theory with no holes!

      if only that were true in wof..... *Shudders at the peacemaker twist execution*

      the way youre doing it is filled with logical fallacies of its own. try to focus on the actual discussion and think about what people are trying to say before asking them.

      youre using your own fair share of ad hominim and strawman so dont focus too much on what aquamarine is doing wrong 

        Loading editor
    • ^ Honestly same. Maybe with Snowfall mourning her mother still. Struggling with the fact her kingdom relies on freaking earrings to live, for all we know.

      And we instead got a 'I'm like, totally fine guys. I'll be the BESTEST ice qween around, watch me.'

        Loading editor
    • Snowfall's POV has potential and already I feel it has been chucked out the window

      But then again Tui's done this with other POVs so this doesn't surprise me

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote:
      ^ Honestly same.

      And we instead got a 'I'm like, totally fine guys. I'll be the BESTEST ice qween around, watch me.'

      yeah, like i definitely think it had potential as a standalone, especially since we havent really gotten any mental illness representation (idk if thats the right word) and impostor syndrome isnt very much explored when it comes to books

        Loading editor
    • 24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      this thread has devolved into two completely seperate conversations

      one where I yell at Aquamarine and another that's the actual thread topic

      But now am blaming YOU for yelling at me
      That's fair

      I mean

      debating is what I do when I'm bored, dumb arguments entertain me



      hey, if we point out every hole in logic, we'll eventually find one theory with no holes!

      if only that were true in wof..... *Shudders at the peacemaker twist execution*

      the way youre doing it is filled with logical fallacies of its own. try to focus on the actual discussion and think about what people are trying to say before asking them.

      youre using your own fair share of ad hominim and strawman so dont focus too much on what aquamarine is doing wrong 

      Where am I strawmanning?

      I'm arguing against what I think is their point

      I genuinely don't see where I'm strawmanning here

        Loading editor
    • I'm very sure the cover has been released 

        Loading editor
    • Nope, what you might've seen going around are fancovers. The most popular of which was done by Peregrinecella.

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      24Darth Nihilus16 wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      this thread has devolved into two completely seperate conversations

      one where I yell at Aquamarine and another that's the actual thread topic

      But now am blaming YOU for yelling at me
      That's fair

      I mean

      debating is what I do when I'm bored, dumb arguments entertain me



      hey, if we point out every hole in logic, we'll eventually find one theory with no holes!

      if only that were true in wof..... *Shudders at the peacemaker twist execution*

      the way youre doing it is filled with logical fallacies of its own. try to focus on the actual discussion and think about what people are trying to say before asking them.

      youre using your own fair share of ad hominim and strawman so dont focus too much on what aquamarine is doing wrong 

      Where am I strawmanning?

      I'm arguing against what I think is their point

      I genuinely don't see where I'm strawmanning here

      like aqua said, youre insulting them for thinking things that they didnt

      for example when you said that the pov couldnt be an ice silk hybrid because the one in the weirdling tower wasnt even a confirmed hybrid

      its still possible for the pov to be an ice/silk if it is to be a hybrid, but they didnt say it was the one in the weirdling tower

        Loading editor
    • Hm.

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote:
      Nope, what you might've seen going around are fancovers. The most popular of which was done by Peregrinecella.

      Oh. You're very right that I never knew I was wrong!

        Loading editor
    • That's why it's kinda important to check who made the thing, sometimes :>

        Loading editor
    • I wasn't saying her Ice-Silk was the one in the Wierdling tower. She was saying her Ice-Silk suggestion might be related to the one in the Wierdling tower, and is therefore more credible. I was arguing that the one in the Wierdling tower wasn't confirmed to even be a SilkWing, and her argument was just assumptions and half-canon justification.

      Honestly, it could be a hybrid, but that's not confirmed. She's acting like it is, and that Ice-Silk being there would make her Ice-Silk more likely to exist.

      I did think, at one point, she was claiming her Ice-Silk was the dead SilkWing, but I was misinterpreting her posts. When I was arguing the wierdling tower dragon wasn't a confirmed hybrid, I knew she was claiming they were a relative of the pov and not the pov.

      Sorry if I'm being confusing, I'm trying to word this clearly.

        Loading editor
    • It's fine, just get it out so we can j u d g e  y o u .

      (jk <3)

        Loading editor
    • Honestly getting judged doesn't get to me as much as it used to lol

      My self-esteem's at a good level, I think. I can take some fair criticism without crumbling. I mean, hey, I may take advice and become a better person 

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      I wasn't saying her Ice-Silk was the one in the Wierdling tower. She was saying her Ice-Silk suggestion might be related to the one in the Wierdling tower, and is therefore more credible. I was arguing that the one in the Wierdling tower wasn't confirmed to even be a SilkWing, and her argument was just assumptions and half-canon justification.

      Honestly, it could be a hybrid, but that's not confirmed. She's acting like it is, and that Ice-Silk being there would make her Ice-Silk more likely to exist.

      I did think, at one point, she was claiming her Ice-Silk was the dead SilkWing, but I was misinterpreting her posts. When I was arguing the wierdling tower dragon wasn't a confirmed hybrid, I knew she was claiming they were a relative of the pov and not the pov.

      Sorry if I'm being confusing, I'm trying to word this clearly.

      NO! I said that the book 15 protagonist might be related to the dragon in the Weirdling Tower but I guess you're having NO IDEA of what I'm saying the WHOLE TIME!!! And the dragon in the Weirdling Tower had wingbuds and not wings, and SilkWings have wingbuds instead of wings until sometime when they're 6 years old they undergo Metamorphis for 5 days then after that time they develop huge butterfly wing-shaped wings! I hope you understand me now or you're pretending to NOT understand me only for entertaining yourself!!!

        Loading editor
    • I literally said



      "I did think, at one point, she was claiming her Ice-Silk was the dead SilkWing, but I was misinterpreting her posts. When I was arguing the wierdling tower dragon wasn't a confirmed hybrid, I knew she was claiming they were a relative of the pov and not the pov."

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      I literally said


      "I did think, at one point, she was claiming her Ice-Silk was the dead SilkWing, but I was misinterpreting her posts. When I was arguing the wierdling tower dragon wasn't a confirmed hybrid, I knew she was claiming they were a relative of the pov and not the pov."

      But you LITERALLY WROTE "I wasn't saying her Ice-Silk was the one in the Wierdling tower. She was saying her Ice-Silk suggestion might be related to the one in the Wierdling tower, and is therefore more credible. I was arguing that the one in the Wierdling tower wasn't confirmed to even be a SilkWing, and her argument was just assumptions and half-canon justification.

      Honestly, it could be a hybrid, but that's not confirmed. She's acting like it is, and that Ice-Silk being there would make her Ice-Silk more likely to exist.

      I did think, at one point, she was claiming her Ice-Silk was the dead SilkWing, but I was misinterpreting her posts. When I was arguing the wierdling tower dragon wasn't a confirmed hybrid, I knew she was claiming they were a relative of the pov and not the pov." AND ALSO THIS: 

      "That's fair

      I mean

      debating is what I do when I'm bored, dumb arguments entertain me"

        Loading editor
    • Oh dear. . . the situation is escalating. . . 

        Loading editor
    • BTW, I hope the cover gets released soon.

        Loading editor
    • The first sentence of my post is "I wasn't saying her Ice-Silk was the one in the Wierdling tower."

      How the hell do you think I think you think the POV is the stuffed dragon in the wierdling tower?

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      The first sentence of my post is "I wasn't saying her Ice-Silk was the one in the Wierdling tower."

      How the hell do you think I think you think the POV is the stuffed dragon in the wierdling tower?

      I'm not EVER going to talk to anymore

        Loading editor
    • Leave if you think you need to calm down, I'm not trying to force you to do anything.

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      The first sentence of my post is "I wasn't saying her Ice-Silk was the one in the Wierdling tower."

      How the hell do you think I think you think the POV is the stuffed dragon in the wierdling tower?

      I'm not EVER going to talk to anymore

      I meant " I'm not EVER going to talk to you anymore "

        Loading editor
    • Maybe let's... change the topic a lil', for a hot second.

      So, what do you guys think about the newly revealed Crystal?

        Loading editor
    • alright!

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:

      I meant " I'm not EVER going to talk to you anymore "

      Editing exists, my friend. Just scroll over to the 'more' option and click edit.

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote:
      Maybe let's... change the topic a lil', for a hot second.

      So, what do you guys think about the newly revealed Crystal?

      the IceWing?

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote:
      Maybe let's... change the topic a lil', for a hot second.

      So, what do you guys think about the newly revealed Crystal?

      Yay, topic change! What is this Crystal you speak of?

        Loading editor
    • If Crystal's a secret animus I stg-

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote:
      Maybe let's... change the topic a lil', for a hot second.

      So, what do you guys think about the newly revealed Crystal?

      She seems interesting!

      I'd love to see a manipulative, blister-style villain from her, or maybe just a caring Sibling who Snowfall is paranoid about, and shuts out of her life ​​​

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, the princess that was never mentioned up until this point. Snowfalls sis.

      Thoughts?

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      Nectarinne wrote:
      Maybe let's... change the topic a lil', for a hot second.

      So, what do you guys think about the newly revealed Crystal?

      She seems interesting!

      I'd love to see a manipulative, blister-style villain from her, or maybe just a caring Sibling who Snowfall is paranoid about, and shuts out of her life ​​​

      Both could be possible, but for the first one... if Crystal ever wanted power, the easiest way to get it was to make her move right after the earrings were transfered to the ice kingdom. Chaos everywhere, positions were being filled back up on mass, her sister was only recently appointed queen... Why wait if you had all that going for you?

        Loading editor
    • i hope she helps fight the Othermind (or die fighting) to make TDG very interesting

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne
      Nectarinne removed this reply because:
      triple posting is a sin i'm so sorry
      22:05, August 3, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      why did she kill the LeafWings then?

      realized i never answered this XD

      The othermind is killing LeafWings due to their Leafspeak. Without it, no dragon would know about the othermind, and no one could manipulate it like Hawthorn did. It could easily take over the world without the LeafWings getting in the way.

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      i hope she helps fight the Othermind (or die fighting) to make TDG very interesting

      How would that be 'very interesting'? Could you go on?

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      Nectarinne wrote:
      Maybe let's... change the topic a lil', for a hot second.

      So, what do you guys think about the newly revealed Crystal?

      She seems interesting!

      I'd love to see a manipulative, blister-style villain from her, or maybe just a caring Sibling who Snowfall is paranoid about, and shuts out of her life ​​​

      Both could be possible, but for the first one... if Crystal ever wanted power, the easiest way to get it was to make her move right after the earrings were transfered to the ice kingdom. Chaos everywhere, positions were being filled back up on mass, her sister was only recently appointed queen... Why wait if you had all that going for you?

      That's a good point

        Loading editor
    • Endurance the SkyWing wrote:
      Spirit978 wrote:
      why did she kill the LeafWings then?
      realized i never answered this XD

      The othermind is killing LeafWings due to their Leafspeak. Without it, no dragon would know about the othermind, and no one could manipulate it like Hawthorn did. It could easily take over the world without the LeafWings getting in the way.

      Yes, because it definitely wouldn't immediately die if an icewing so much as sneezed at it the wrong way xD

        Loading editor
    • Nectarinne wrote:
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      i hope she helps fight the Othermind (or die fighting) to make TDG very interesting
      How would that be 'very interesting'? Could you go on?

      I mean I hope that in the middle of book 14the othermind would (almost) spread to Pyrrhia as invasive species and then Crystal would die fighting it

        Loading editor
    • I really want Crystal to just be a caring sibling and Snowfall is just super paranoid. It would be kind of funny if Crystal was just like "I wonder what it's like for you, being queen" and then Snowfall like explodes and screams at her face.

        Loading editor
    • DragonsAreGreat wrote:
      I really want Crystal to just be a caring sibling and Snowfall is just super paranoid. It would be kind of funny if Crystal was just like "I wonder what it's like for you, being queen" and then Snowfall like explodes and screams at her face.

      Ohhhhh, another interesting idea!

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Crystal is resigned to not being queen and so she didn't try to pass Snowfall on the rankings wall. She could be a disappointment to the other royals of something, and maybe she would be a nicer character

        Loading editor
    • Antlion the HiveWing wrote:
      Maybe Crystal is resigned to not being queen and so she didn't try to pass Snowfall on the rankings wall. She could be a disappointment to the other royals of something, and maybe she would be a nicer character

      Or maybe right now she's around the Second or Third Circle.

        Loading editor
    • Hmm

        Loading editor
    • Ima interpret the lost continent prophecy, line by line!

      Turn your eyes, your wings, your fire 

      (This is interesting, as IceWings can't breathe fire. Who is the prophecy talking to? All dragons? But only MudWings, NightWings, SandWings and SkyWings breathe fire. Is this just an oversight?)

      To the land across the sea

      (Pantala, obviously)

      Where dragons are poisoned and dragons are dying

      (Poison could refer to the Othermind poisoning dragons, or it could even be a reference to the Poison Jungle, and the LeafWings' unfair situation. However, only ONE DRAGON (hawthorn) has actually died. So there will probably be some more deaths, seeing as Hawthorn's death doesn't exactly hit anyone hard, apart from the othermind)

      And no one can ever be free.

      (So... there's NO othermind antidote? Can nobody EVER be saved from the breath of evil?)

      A secret lurks inside their eggs.

      (Queen Wasp poisoning dragonets through their eggs, most likely.)

      A secret hides within their book.

      (Clearsight's map and the lies that Wasp was telling.)

      A secret buried far below

      (What's this? The Flamesilks, like Luna suspected? Is it the breath of evil? Or something to do with the sinkholes in pantala?)

      May save those brave enough to look.

      (Who will it save? Was the secret already discovered, and the ones it saved are the refugee dragons? Or is it an othermind antidote? Again, what is in the sinkholes?)

      Open your hearts, your minds, your wings

      To the dragons who flee from the Hive.

      (Foreshadowing. The refugees came from the jungle, not the hive. So Io and Cinnabar will clearly survive and leave pantala.)

      Face a great evil with talons united 

      (Work together with the pantalans)

      Or none of the tribes will survive.

      (That's ominous.)

        Loading editor
    • Thats how profecies work, they are ominous.

        Loading editor
    • You make a lot of good points there. The IceWings, SeaWings, and RainWings are sort of left out of the fire part, and the LeafWings are not from the Hives.

        Loading editor
    • LadyScarab wrote:
      Ima interpret the lost continent prophecy, line by line!

      Turn your eyes, your wings, your fire 

      (This is interesting, as IceWings can't breathe fire. Who is the prophecy talking to? All dragons? But only MudWings, NightWings, SandWings and SkyWings breathe fire. Is this just an oversight?)

      To the land across the sea

      (Pantala, obviously)

      Where dragons are poisoned and dragons are dying

      (Poison could refer to the Othermind poisoning dragons, or it could even be a reference to the Poison Jungle, and the LeafWings' unfair situation. However, only ONE DRAGON (hawthorn) has actually died. So there will probably be some more deaths, seeing as Hawthorn's death doesn't exactly hit anyone hard, apart from the othermind)

      And no one can ever be free.

      (So... there's NO othermind antidote? Can nobody EVER be saved from the breath of evil?)

      A secret lurks inside their eggs.

      (Queen Wasp poisoning dragonets through their eggs, most likely.)

      A secret hides within their book.

      (Clearsight's map and the lies that Wasp was telling.)

      A secret buried far below

      (What's this? The Flamesilks, like Luna suspected? Is it the breath of evil? Or something to do with the sinkholes in pantala?)

      May save those brave enough to look.

      (Who will it save? Was the secret already discovered, and the ones it saved are the refugee dragons? Or is it an othermind antidote? Again, what is in the sinkholes?)

      Open your hearts, your minds, your wings

      To the dragons who flee from the Hive.

      (Foreshadowing. The refugees came from the jungle, not the hive. So Io and Cinnabar will clearly survive and leave pantala.)

      Face a great evil with talons united 

      (Work together with the pantalans)

      Or none of the tribes will survive.

      (That's ominous.)

      well the Hive could mean Pantala, the secret buried far below could mean the Antidote for the Othermind (if not the flamesilks being imprisoned), and the dragons brave enough to look might mean all of the pantalan protagonists, and your fire could mean the dragons special abilities and the LeafWings almost died from the deadly plants and open your hearts your minds your wings could actually be meant to persuade Queen Snowfall to be more open-minded about the fleeing Pantalans. (the snowfall comment in this reply was inspired by someone else whose username I forgot. credit them, not me.)

        Loading editor
    • I feel like the hive could also just refer to the othermind

      It is a hivemind organism

        Loading editor
    • Well, A secret buried far below could mean both the sinkholes and the cure, but quite possibly the cure is in the sinkholes, but i could be wrong and the cure is Crickets tree.

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      I feel like the hive could also just refer to the othermind

      It is a hivemind organism

      That's true. The Hive is capitalized in the prophecy, so that might be what it's referring to. 

      I'm still interested in the buried secret. It could be a reference to the sinkholes, seeing as that would mean the secret is literally buried.

        Loading editor
    • If you believe in Beetlewings, the secret below could be them still alive. It could also have to do with the scavengers in the sinkhole. I don't think it's the flamesilks because they weren't too important. I do still hope that the flamesilks get freed by Io or someone and help.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah seeing Danaid again would be sweet. I want to see the cool grandma kick some tails while we're at it.

        Loading editor
    • Ya

        Loading editor
    • I was gone for 2 days and the number of posts on this thread has tripled, how?

        Loading editor
    • Lot's of free time to waste on our part, my man.

        Loading editor
    • Yup

        Loading editor
    • BTW, do you think the secret buried far below is the antidote to the Othermind or that the Pantalan scavengers will help the dragons defeat the Breath of Evil?

        Loading editor
    • i don't know there are a lot of ideas going around.  

        Loading editor
    • BTW why aren't there any animus dragons on Pantala??? I was just wondering

        Loading editor
    • hey! this link shows news about a fungus that turns normal cicadas into 'Zombie Cicadas' when cicadas consume it. Maybe the Othermind has a similar effect on any living organism that when eaten, this [the BoE (Breath of Evil)] slowly eats away their brains over decades.

      https://wbznewsradio.iheart.com/content/2020-08-04-zombie-cicadas-discovered-in-west-virginia/

        Loading editor
    • yo

      the othermind as a fungus? That sounds really interesting

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus
      Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus removed this reply because:
      I meant to reply to the most recent reply but then it didn't come out the way I wanted it to
      01:41, August 5, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • I remember that leafspeak works on mushrooms as well as plants

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      yo

      the othermind as a fungus? That sounds really interesting

      I agree with you when you say my comparisons are interesting

        Loading editor
    • What if the Othermind is really a dragon, who can communicate through leafspeak. Like a stronger version of Sundews power

        Loading editor
    • The othermind would be thousands of years old, maybe even pre-scorching old.

        Loading editor
    • Endurance the SkyWing wrote:
      What if the Othermind is really a dragon, who can communicate through leafspeak. Like a stronger version of Sundews power

      That would make an extremely disappointing twist. It's like, nuuu the bad guy is a plant, and then, oh wait it's a dragon. Ok then.

        Loading editor
    • The othermind could be based off the 'zombie bug' fungus, yes. The thing is, it's a plant, not a mushroom. Leafspeak does work on funguses though. I've seen a theory that the othermind was the reason that leafspeak exists. Basically the theory goes that after possessing conscious things (dragons, scavengers) the othermind gained a consciousness and other plants evolved to have this too. I'm not sure if it makes sense, but it's an interesting theory.

        Loading editor
    • I think the other minds existance will always be shrouded in mystery.

      It really doesn’t make much sense plot wise to explain it further.

        Loading editor
    • It's be nice to have a Legends book about the Legend of the Hive.

        Loading editor
    • Yes! Death to Queen Wasp!

        Loading editor
    • Sandshifter-King of Spicyness wrote: Yes! Death to Queen Wasp!

      Free the HiveWings! Free the SilkWings! Save the LeafWings!

      ...save the turtles? Wait a second-

        Loading editor
    • Stormy248
      Stormy248 removed this reply because:
      j
      17:40, August 5, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • Huh

      well




      they did though?

      The Dreamvisitors, The Eye of Onyx, and the gold chain?

        Loading editor
    • Stormy248
      Stormy248 removed this reply because:
      j
      17:40, August 5, 2020
      This reply has been removed
    • Darkstalker's scroll was burned by Peril

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      Huh

      well




      they did though?

      The Dreamvisitors, The Eye of Onyx, and the gold chain?

      what gold chain

        Loading editor
    • ach maybe it wasn't gold I forgot 

      The chain Stone could use to turn invisible

      they used it when they snuck into the stronghold

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      ach maybe it wasn't gold I forgot 

      The chain Stone could use to turn invisible

      they used it when they snuck into the stronghold

      oh 

        Loading editor
    • it would be nice to have more Winglets.  

      it would hopefuly explain a lot more about the dragon world.  

        Loading editor
    • ^ There's a whole lore book coming out, with a title about 'make your own dragon world' or something. So that, plus more winglets would be cool. Specially one about one of the lesser used tribes *cough cough* mudwings

        Loading editor
    • BTW, maybe book 15 will be titled Talons United

        Loading editor
    • Aquamarine the immortal AllWing animus wrote:
      BTW, maybe book 15 will be titled Talons United

      I thought of that too, but to me it sounded a little close to Talons of Power.

        Loading editor
    • All the titles so far have started with The, similar to the first arc.

        Loading editor
    • Pretty much.

        Loading editor
    • They have also had three words so I gad some ideas: the secret below, The forgotten tribe, and The great evil. I don't really like most of the but whatever.

        Loading editor
    • All we need is a legends of The Othermind.

        Loading editor
    • not gonna lie for like 2 years after arc 3 came out I thought the last line of the prophecy was Talons Untied not Talons United

        Loading editor
    • same-

        Loading editor
    • Waaait hang on a minute.... 

      Who the neck is Crystal? Where did this come from?

        Loading editor
    • SnowFoxDragon wrote: Waaait hang on a minute.... 

      Who the neck is Crystal? Where did this come from?

      Crystal is the sister of Snowfall, as confirmed by Tui on CrowdCast on August 1st, 2020.

        Loading editor
    • Oh cool I didn’t know it was confirmed. Hope she’s a major character

        Loading editor
    • This is kind of random, but did you ever notice how in TLC Blue always pretends to be a servent or whatever, and the HiveWing that owns the shop mistakes him and Luna for servents, even though Blue and, at the time, Luna had no wings. It doesn't make sense because SilkWings don't get jobs until after metamorphosis.

        Loading editor
    • Child labor?

        Loading editor
    • Random thought

      Knowing Tui Luna is probably going to become Queen-

        Loading editor
    • No, knowing Tui Monarch is still alive with descendants to spare. We can't have any succession problems, after all! And they're all gonna turn out to be good dragons, and we'll be looking at a cast of pure, good, righteous Qweens for the rest of the series.

        Loading editor
    • ^Probably

        Loading editor
    • A random thought

      Where did all the savanna animals on Pantala come from, if the continent was made up of lush forests and jungles before the Tree Wars?

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Queen Monarch was imprisoned in case she tried to change her mind. I think that Wasp at least would have not let her or any of her family have dragonets so that none of them would try to take the throne.

      Also I vote Io for queen. She's an adult! (Kind of) I bet she'd be a better queen than Snowfall.

        Loading editor
    • that's not a high bar imo xDD

        Loading editor
    • omg no please just kill monarch

      i already don't respect Wasp as-is don't let Monarch be alive for no valid reason, as she seemingly hasn't been heard from since she gave over her tribe.

        Loading editor
    • She better be dead or like tortured. Maybe Wasp did experiments with the Othermind on her?

        Loading editor
    • Maybe if Monarch isn’t alive, then the SilkWings could use the eye of onyx

        Loading editor
    • Doesn't that work only for the Sandwings, though?

        Loading editor
    • helo?

        Loading editor
    • Spirit978 wrote:
      it'd be so ridiculous and predictable and- ugh

      Because it'd be "HEY SECRET TRIBE SOCIETY HIDDEN TOTALLY RELEAVANT BUT  N E V E R   F O R E S H A D O W E D"

      I'd rather have a Swordtail, Cobra Lily, or Bumblebee POV than a Post-MidSeries reveal about BeetleWings in book 14-15

      Let us have a pantalan hybrid. That'd be great.

      If it isn't a Beetle Wings, then its a never before mentioned fifth panatlan tribe or a pantalan pyhrrhian hybrid 

        Loading editor
    • Why WOULDNT Tui do a Swordtail PoV? Like-

        Loading editor